PC drivers facilitate communication between the operating system and internal and external hardware devices. Network adapter drivers are necessary for the proper functioning of network adapters on your device. These make it possible for your computer to have internet connectivity. In this article, we will explain how to update network adapter drivers on Windows 11.
Table of Contents
How to update network adapter drivers on Windows 11
You can update your network adapter drivers using three different methods on Windows 11. All the methods are described below.
Method 1: Through Device Manager
You can update your system drivers directly from your device manager, follow these simple steps to do so.
1. Press the Windows + X keys simultaneously. Click on Device Manager in the pop-up menu.
2. Double-click on Network adapters.
3. Right-click on the appropriate driver, and in the pop-up menu, click on Update driver.
4. Click on Search automatically for drivers. If the updater utility detects a better driver, wait for Windows to install it.
Method 2: Through Windows Update service
Windows Update service also allows you to get the latest driver updates. Follow these simple steps to install the latest network adapter driver updates on your Windows 11 computer.
1. Click on the Start menu and then click on Settings.
2. Click on the Navigation menu and click on Windows Update.
3. Click on Advanced options.
4. Click on Optional updates.
5. If a network adapter driver is listed within the optional updates, select its checkbox and then press the Download & Install button.
Method 3: Updating your PC’s network adapter driver manually
1. Open a web browser and go to the driver manufacturer’s website for your network adapter. We are using Intel as an example here.
2. Go to the driver download section, it’s usually under Support. click on Download Center.
3. Select the network adapter product category and enter the name in the search bar as given in the Device Manager.
4. Click Download for the latest driver package listed on the website.
5. Select a folder to download the driver package to, and click Save.
6. Open File Explorer and go to the folder where you saved the driver package.
7. Double-click the driver package’s .exe file to open its installer window.
8. Install the driver by following the proper instructions specified in the installer.
We hope that the above procedures on how to update network adapter drivers on Windows 11 worked for you. Let us know in the comment section. For more such instructions, visit our site frequently.