Do you find yourself constantly struggling with poor battery performance on your laptop or tablet? Well, the solution may be simpler than you think. Battery drivers play a critical role in managing your device’s life and performance. In this article, we’ll walk you through the different methods to download and update the battery driver in Windows 10 or 11 for free, so you can get the most out of your device!
Table of Contents
How to Update Battery Driver in Windows 10 or 11
Before we proceed with the methods to update your battery driver, it is important to understand the importance of keeping your drivers up-to-date. Outdated drivers can lead to system crashes, device malfunctions, and reduced performance. So, to avoid such issues, follow the methods below that will also help you download battery driver for free in Windows 10 or 11:
Method 1: Update the Driver Manually from Official Support Website
The first method to update your battery driver is to do it manually from the official support website. This method is best if you know the manufacturer of your device and the specific battery model. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Go to the manufacturer’s website and navigate to the Support or Downloads section.
2. Look for the driver update for your battery. You may have to search by the model number of your device or battery.
3. Download the latest version of the driver for your battery.
4. Once the download is complete, double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Also Read: How to Update Audio Drivers in Windows 11
Method 2: Update via Windows Device Manager
Windows Device Manager allows you to manage your computer’s hardware devices and drivers. Here’s how to download and install battery drivers via the Windows Device Manager:
1. Press the Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
2. Expand the Batteries category.
3. Right-click the battery driver and select Update driver.
4. Select Search automatically for updated driver software on the next screen.
5. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Also Read: How to Update Device Drivers on Windows 11
Method 3: Update Battery Drivers Automatically with Bit Driver Updater
Updating your battery driver for Windows 10 or 11 can be time-consuming if done manually and confusing, especially if you’re not familiar with the technical aspects of your computer system. The Bit Driver Updater is a free and easy-to-use tool that can help you update your battery driver automatically. Here’s how to use the Bit Driver Updater:
Note: We do not support or endorse the use of third-party tools.
1. Download and install the Bit Driver Updater.
2. Click Scan to scan your computer for outdated drivers.
3. Select the battery driver from the list of outdated drivers.
4. Click Update Now to download and install the latest version of the battery driver.
We hope this article has been helpful in guiding you through the process of updating the battery driver in Windows 10 or 11. If you’re still facing issues with updating it or have some suggestions or questions, feel free to share them in the comments section below.