Deciding to unpublish a Facebook Page is an important choice for individuals and businesses who want to keep things private, change their brand, or take a break from social media. In this guide, we’ll explore how to unpublish a page on the platform for both, desktop and mobile devices.
How to Unpublish a Facebook Page
The steps for unpublishing a Facebook Page vary slightly between desktop and mobile platforms. However, the underlying principle remains constant which is removing your page from the public eye while retaining access to its content and settings. So, without delaying any further, let us learn how to do so.
Note: It’s important to note that unpublishing a page is different from permanently deleting it, as it allows you to restore your page at any time.
Method 1: Unpublish a Facebook Page on the Desktop
Follow these steps if you use Facebook on your system:
1. Open Facebook on your Desktop and click on your Profile picture and in the menu click on the Settings & privacy option.
2. Now in Settings and Privacy click on Settings.
3. From the Setting panel on the left, click on Privacy.
4. Next, click on Facebook Page Information.
5. Click the Deactivation and deletion option in the bottom center of the screen.
6. Tick Deactivate Page option and finally click on the Continue button to Unpublish your Facebook page.
Also Read: How to Remove Yourself from A Facebook Page
Method 2: Unpublish a Facebook Page on Android
If you use Facebook on your Android phone, follow these steps:
1. Open the Facebook app on your mobile device and tap on the profile picture icon at the top right corner.
2. Scroll down and first tap on Settings & privacy and then tap Settings.
3. Now in the Page section, tap on Page Settings.
4. Scroll down till you reach the Facebook Page Information section and tap on Access and control.
5. Tap on the Deactivation and deletion option.
6. Select Deactivate Page option and then, finally tap on Continue.
Your Facebook page will be unpublished easily.
How Long Does It Take to Not Publish a Facebook Page?
It takes instantly to not publish a Facebook page. Once you click the Unpublish button, your page will be hidden from the public immediately. However, you will still be able to see it as an admin, and you can always publish it again later if you want.
What Happens When You Do Not Publish a Facebook Page?
When you unpublish a Facebook page, you hide it temporarily from the general public.
Learning how to unpublish a Facebook Page on a desktop or a mobile device provides you with a valuable tool to manage your digital identity effectively. If you have any queries to ask, please drop them in the comment section below.