Instagram is one of the popular social media platforms to know and engage with people you like over the internet. Be it your family, friends, relatives, or even the celebrities you admire. You can engage with any of them virtually through Instagram and share opinions, and pictures, or just create and share entertaining media posts publicly to create a strong bond with the other users. This way, you can know what your Instagram friends are up to through reels or stories they upload on the platform for others to see. But sometimes, users want to mute or unmute someone’s stories for some reason without unfollowing them but don’t know how to unmute someone’s Instagram story. So, this article brings you the methods to learn how to unmute a story on Instagram. Read and follow these methods to know how to unmute a story on IG with steps to mute them as well.
How to Unmute a Story on Instagram
The Instagram features like posts, live videos, reels, DMs, and stories make this social media platform the most loved one, with currently over 1 billion monthly active users using it. Most of the time, you may mute the stories of some people just to take a break from their content or general life updates without unfollowing them. But if you want to get updates about them through their stories, then you can unmute them back. To do exactly that, follow the upcoming methods.
Method 1: Through Instagram Feed or Homepage
You can unmute the desired story on the Instagram app via feed or homepage, as discussed below.
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone.
2. Locate the desired muted (greyed out) story from the top, as shown, and long press on it.
3. Tap on the Unmute story option, as depicted below.
4. Now, you will see the story unmuted in the Instagram feed.
Method 2: Through User Account Profile
There is also a way to unmute stories from the desired account you had muted earlier from. Read and follow the steps below to learn how to unmute a story on Instagram from an account profile.
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone and tap the Profile icon from the bottom right corner, as shown below.
2. Tap on Following, placed next to your account name and profile picture, as illustrated.
3. Tap on the desired profile account from your following list.
4. Tap on the Following tab below their profile, as shown.
5. Tap the Mute option from the list.
6. Toggle off the Posts and Stories options to unmute the posts and stories from that account, as depicted.
Method 3: Through Account Settings
Moreover, you can unmute a story on Instagram from your own account settings with the help of the steps mentioned below.
1. In your Profile section, tap the Hamburger icon from the top right corner.
2. Tap the Settings option.
3. Tap on the Privacy option from the list.
4. Scroll down and tap the Muted accounts option under the Connections section.
5. Tap on the desired muted accounts you wish to unmute.
6. Tap the Following tab under the profile, as shown.
7. Tap on the Mute option.
8. Toggle off the Posts and Stories options, as shown below, to unmute the posts and stories from the desired profile account.
How to Mute a Story on Instagram
After learning to unmute the stories on Instagram, you can now mute them with the similar approaches mentioned above. You can choose and perform any of the three methods mentioned above to mute the desired stories back by just toggling on the disabled Posts and Stories options.
Also Read: How to Fix Action Blocked on Instagram Error
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How to report a story on Instagram?
Ans: You can report an Instagram story by tapping on the Three-dotted icon > Report options in the desired story. You will come across multiple options to choose from for the query: Why are you reporting this post? Choose the desired option and proceed to report the Instagram story.
Q2. Can I pause an Instagram story?
Ans: Yes, you can pause any story on Instagram by long-pressing the story. You can long-press the story as long as you want.
- 13 Best Cheap Android TV Box
- How to Check Instagram Highlights Views
- How to Remove Reels on Facebook App
- How to Perform Instagram Message Recovery
Now, you know how to unmute a story on Instagram with the methods mentioned above. You can share queries about this article or any suggestions for other topics you would like to learn from us. Drop those queries and suggestions in the comments box below.