In this digital era, Facebook stands out for its amazing UI and safety-driven features, which allow users to safely navigate through the platform and meet new people. Out of all the features available, the ability to hide and unhide friends is particularly valuable.. If you have unknowingly hidden your friends’ list and can’t remember how to get it back, then we are here to help you. There are many ways to unhide your friends list on Facebook, whether on an Android app or desktop, which we will explore below.
Table of Contents
How to Unhide Friends on Facebook
Keeping your friends list hidden on Facebook is a smart way to protect yourself from scams. However, you can also choose to unhide it and connect with more people on the platform. If you want to change who can see your friend list, this guide will assist you!
To unhide your Facebook friends, follow these steps:
1. Tap on the hamburger menu and then the settings icon.
2. Tap on How people find and contact you under the Audience and visibility section.
3. Next, select Who can see your friends list.
4. Tap on either Public or Friends to make your friends visible to everyone or just your friends.
Can You Unhide Friends on Facebook?
Yes, you can unhide friends on Facebook. It’s up to you whether you want to make them visible just to your friends or everyone on Facebook.
To unhide friends on Facebook, just follow these methods:
Method 1: Through Facebook Mobile App
The first method involves using the Facebook app to unhide friends on the platform.
Note: Make sure you are logged into the Facebook app.
1. Open the Facebook app on your Android device.
2. Tap on the hamburger menu icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Tap on the settings icon.
4. Scroll down to the Audience and visibility section, and from there, tap on the How people find and contact you option.
5. Tap on the Who can see your friends list? option.
6. Select Public to make it visible to everyone or tap on Friends to make it visible to you and all your Facebook friends.
Method 2: Through Desktop Version of Facebook
You can also unhide your friends list from the web version of Facebook by following these steps:
1. Open the browser on your PC and visit login to Facebook.
2. Click on your name in the left panel to open up your profile.
3. Click on Friends from the profile page.
4. Click on the three horizontal dots icon under the friend’s section.
5. Click on the Edit Privacy option from the drop-down menu.
6. Click on Only Me beside the Friends list option.
7. Click on Public to make your friends visible to everyone, or click on Friends if you want them visible to you and all your Facebook friends.
8. Finally, click on Save to save the changes.
Also Read: How to Unhide Posts on Reddit on Android
What are the Ways to Unhide Your Friends List on Facebook on Android?
Listed below are the ways to unhide your friend list on Facebook on Android:
- Public: Selecting this option will unhide the friend list and make it visible to everyone on Facebook.
- Friends: Selecting this option will make your friends visible to you as well as to your Facebook friends.
- Friends except: This option will make friends visible to everyone except for the selected people whom you chose not to view.
- Specific friends: Selecting this option will allow you to make your friends list visible to only selected friends.
We hope that this guide has provided you with sufficient knowledge to understand how to unhide friends on Facebook. In case you have any queries or suggestions for us, drop them in the comments section below.