High Contrast Mode alters the visual appearance of the PC by applying a high-contrast color scheme to the user interface. This is helpful for individuals with visual impairments as it improves the visibility of text, images, and other elements. However, if you do not prefer such high contrast color tone, you can switch back to standard display settings. In this article, we will guide you on how to turn off the high contrast mode in Windows 11.
How To Turn Off High Contrast Mode Windows 11
High Contrast mode displays text and other interface elements in black and white or any other contrasting colors. In this way, they stand out more prominently against the background. This mode can be customized to suit individual preferences, allowing users to choose from different color schemes and contrast levels. If it does not fit your preferences, it can be disabled in Windows 11 settings.
Where is High Contrast Mode in Windows 11?
The high contrast mode in Windows 11 can be found in the Accessibility or Personalization settings.
1. Press the Windows key + I to launch the Settings menu.
2. Click on Accessibility from the left-hand pane followed by Contrast themes on the right.
Now to turn the high contrast mode off, follow the steps:
3. Click on the downward pointing arrow next to Contrast themes and from the drop-down menu, select None.
How Do I Turn On High Contrast Mode in Windows 11
If you again encounter the need to turn on the high contrast mode, follow the path:
Settings > Accessibility > Contrast Themes
1. Now, click on the downward pointing arrow next to Contrast themes and select one from the list as preferred.
2. Now, either you can click on Apply or click on Edit if you want to make more customizations.
3. Make the changes as required and click on the Save as option.
4. Under Save as a new theme, add the theme name.
5. Finally, click on Save and apply.
Recommended: How to Change Power Plan on Windows 11
We hope our guide was helpful to you in turning off the high contrast mode on the Windows 11 PC. If you have any more queries or suggestions for us, drop a comment in the box below. Stay connected to TechCult for more such solutions.