Facebook happens to be one of the most popular social media applications and is used by 2.91 billion people all over the world. Facebook tends to employ new algorithms now and then to make the users stick through the app all day long. Features like Suggested for you posts keep the users engaged with new and relevant content. Some might like it; others are finding ways to get rid of it. You are at the right place if you want to know how to turn off Facebook suggested for you posts and Facebook suggested ads.
- How to Turn Off Facebook Suggested for You Posts
- What is Suggested for You Post on Facebook?
- Why Do I Get Suggested for You Posts?
- Ways to Avoid Suggested for You Posts on Facebook
- How to Turn Off Facebook Suggested for You Post
- How to Turn Off Facebook Suggested Ads
- How to Clear Suggested List on Messenger
- What is FB Purity?
How to Turn Off Facebook Suggested for You Posts
Continue reading to remove Suggested for you on Facebook in detail.
What is Suggested for You Post on Facebook?
Suggested posts are the posts that come along on your news feed. The suggested for you posts come from Facebook itself with the sole aim to keep you engaged with new and related. These posts can be from profiles that may have similar content that you are already watching or may have been shared by your friends and family on Facebook. The suggested posts can be photos, articles, or videos. In this article, you will learn how to remove suggested for you on Facebook.
Why Do I Get Suggested for You Posts?
Suggested for you is one of the features of Facebook that enables users to discover new and related content on the platform. On the basis of various factors, you get Suggested for you posts. The following are the factor that influences these posts:
- The kind of profile you follow or search about.
- Your interactions with other posts.
- Your location.
Ways to Avoid Suggested for You Posts on Facebook
You have already read about how to turn off Facebook suggested for you post and Facebook suggested ads. Now you will learn a few ways to avoid suggested for you posts on Facebook.
- Do not react to any suggested for you posts.
- You can use browser extensions AdBlock plus and FB purity to stop the ads that appear on your feed.
- Disable the settings of the news to avoid unwanted content.
- You can turn the Location off your device while using the Facebook app as it is one of the reasons you can get suggested for you posts.
How to Turn Off Facebook Suggested for You Post
Read through the following steps to understand how to turn off Facebook Suggested for you post.
1. Open the Facebook app on your phone.
2. Find a Suggested for you post.
3. Tap on the three dots in the top-right corner of the post.
4. Tap on Hide post which will hide posts from this page.
Note: Post hiding the Suggested for you post, you can either Undo or Report or Manage your feed accordingly.
5. You can also tap on the Snooze option which helps you temporarily remove the remove suggested for you on Facebook.
Note: Tap on Hide all in case you want to completely stop seeing posts from that person or page.
6. Tap on the Manage Your Feed option to customize your feed as desired.
Also Read: How to Recover Deleted Facebook Posts
How to Turn Off Facebook Suggested Ads
Facebook Ads have a vast reach of 2.11 billion users. This reach is often considered annoying occurrences that users do not enjoy while using Facebook. Although unlike the suggested posts you cannot hide or snooze them, what you can do is reduce their appearance. You can carry out this procedure by following the below-mentioned steps.
1. Open the Facebook app on your phone.
2. Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Scroll down and tap on the second last option Settings & privacy.
4. Tap on Privacy shortcuts.
5. Scroll down to find Ad preferences.
6. Hide the ads by taping Hide Ads that you do not want to see in the Advertisers tab.
7. Tap on the next tab which is Ad Topics.
8. In the search bar, you can search for the ads you want to see less.
Note: You can also browse through the provided list and manually choose the ads that you want to see less.
Also Read: How Do You Turn Off Live on Facebook
How to Clear Suggested List on Messenger
A suggested list on Messenger is featured that is formed on the basis of activities you’re your friends on Facebook. These activities include tagging, sharing, liking, commenting, profile visits, and much more. One should always clear suggested list on messenger to avoid spam and other reasons. Follow the below-mentioned steps
1. Open the Messenger app on your phone.
2. Tap on your Profile picture in the left-top corner of the screen.
3. Scroll down to tap on Phone contacts.
4. Tap on Manage contacts.
5. Tap on Delete all contacts.
Note: After following all the above-mentioned steps if you still find the suggested list, sign out from all your devices and then sign in again.
These steps help in understanding how to clear suggested list on messenger.
Also Read: Can You Create Instagram without Facebook?
What is FB Purity?
FB (Fluff Busting) Purity is a browser extension that comes in use when you want to turn off unwanted sponsored posts, ads, game spam, etc. You can easily download it from the official web store of Chrome. This extension enables the users to customize the Facebook view with the relevant information they want. It is completely safe to use provided you download it from the official websites. Downloading FB purity from a third-party website may errors while using. They might also have potentially harmful malware and spyware.
- Fix Zoom Unstable Internet Connection Error
- How to Find Someone on Facebook Using a Picture
- Can You Delete Facebook and Keep Instagram?
- Can Two Facebook Accounts Have the Same Email?
The above-mentioned were the ways to remove Suggested for You on Facebook and how to clear suggested list on messenger. You might have also understood the steps to reduce Facebook suggested ads. We hope this guide helped you to find out how to turn off Facebook suggested for you post. Please share your queries or suggestions in the comment section below.