Instagram introduced the auto-reply feature to help business owners reach out to their customers and followers quickly. However, sometimes, this feature can be boring and may wear you out, as they also lack in giving a personalized experience to a potential customer. Therefore, you may want to manually write responses rather than using this feature. If you are one of them, continue reading this guide to learn how to turn off auto-reply on Instagram and disable the automated responses.
Table of Contents
How to Turn Off Auto-Reply on Instagram
If you run a business account, you know very well that people ask the same questions over and over again. Although we are different as an individual, our questions and curiosity are similar. Automatic responses or replies on Instagram are pre-formatted responses.
When a customer messages you on Instagram, the reply will be sent to them even if you are offline or haven’t read the message yet. It is very effective because customers expect a very quick response. It is very difficult and tiring to keep track of every message that you receive. These responses on Instagram consume less time and the customers’ doubts are clarified within a few seconds.
But if you have decided to disable this feature for good, keep reading this guide to learn the methods that will help you through this process.
To turn off auto-reply on Instagram:
1. Open Instagram on your phone and select the Messenger/DM icon.
2. Tap the three-dotted icon and choose Tools.
3. Select Saved replies to view your automated responses.
4. Tap on the specific automated response.
5. Choose Delete Saved Reply.
What are the Cases of Using Auto-Reply on Instagram?
Automatic responses on Instagram can be used for many purposes. A few cases where auto-replies can be used are:
- Replying Quickly: With the help of auto-replies, you don’t have to sit in front of your phone or PC waiting to reply to a particular message. You can rather set up an auto-reply and the message will be sent within seconds.
- More Formal: Framing responses and messages can be a hard task. When you generate auto-reply on Instagram, you have to enter a message that sounds formal and polite. This message will be used whenever a customer messages you.
- Less Time Consumption: Since automated responses reply quickly, you have more time for yourself. Make sure your customers don’t feel that you are trying to cut off corners with them. Save your auto-reply in such a way that they realize that you are trying your best to assist them as much as possible.
Also Read: 15 Best Auto Responder for WhatsApp
How to Turn Off Auto-Reply on Instagram?
Even though businesses and marketers find it to be very advantageous and effective, this feature can be sometimes a little annoying. Hence, the steps on how to disable auto-reply on Instagram are mentioned below to take the control back into your hands.
Method 1: Via Instagram Mobile App
You can turn off auto-reply through your Instagram app from your phone. To do the same, follow the below-mentioned steps:
Note: Make sure to switch to your Instagram professional account.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your Instagram account.
2. From the Home tab, tap on the Messenger or DM icon from the top right corner.
3. Tap on the three-dotted icon from the top and select Tools.
4. Select Saved replies to view your automated response.
5. Tap on the desired automated response.
6. Select Delete Saved Reply.
Method 2: Through Meta Business Suite
Meta Business Suite helps you keep track of your DMs and manage advertisements on Facebook as well as Instagram. If you want to know how to stop auto-reply on Instagram, follow the steps below:
1. Log in to your Meta Business Suite account.
2. Select Inbox from the left pane.
3. Click on Automations from the top.
4. Click on the Edit option from the desired set automated response.
5. Set the Instant reply toggle to Off and then unmark the Instagram checkbox.
6. Finally, click on Save Changes to disable auto-reply on Instagram.
Also Read: How to Disable Reply All Outlook 365
How to Set Up Auto-Reply on Instagram Direct Messages?
Automated responses can save you from a lot of hassle if you get the same texts or are a business on Instagram. To set up an auto-reply on Instagram, follow the below-mentioned steps.
Method 1: Using Instagram App
To turn on auto-reply through the Instagram app on your phone, here’s what you need to do:
1. Launch the Instagram app and tap on the Messenger icon from the top right corner.
2. Select the three-dotted icon > Tools > Saved replies option.
3. Tap on the + icon from the top right corner.
4. Enter your desired automated message and tap on the blue checkmark icon.
Method 2: Using Meta Business Suite
Just like you can turn off auto-reply through Mega Business Suite, you can turn on automated response there too. Follow these steps to do the same:
1. Access your Meta Business Suite account and click on Inbox > Automations.
2. Click on Create Automation from the top right corner.
3. Select the desired automation template you want to use.
4. Then, select Create Automation to set it.
5. Mark the checkbox for the Instagram channel.
6. Scroll down and enter your automated message in the Message box.
7. Click on Save Changes to create this automation.
Also Read: How To Auto-Reply to Texts on the iPhone
We hope this article helped you learn how to turn off auto-reply on Instagram. Now you no longer have to be concerned about accidentally sending someone the incorrect auto-reply message. Let us know your thoughts in the comments section, and stay tuned for more insightful articles!