If you’re tired of Spotify automatically launching every time you start your iPhone, you’re not alone. While some people appreciate the convenience of having their music app ready to go, others find it frustrating and want to disable this feature. In this article, we’ll explore how to stop Spotify from opening on startup on iPhone to help you prevent Spotify from launching automatically and take control of your device’s startup process.
Table of Contents
How to Stop Spotify from Opening on Startup on iPhone
Spotify can become frustrating at times when it launches automatically on the screen right when you unlock your iPhone. In order to conserve battery, to reduce clutter on the home screen, and gain control over your iPhone’s activities, this article will come in handy. So, lets us dive right into it.
Can you Stop Spotify from Launching on Startup on iPhone?
Yes, you can stop Spotify from launching on startup on your iPhone. We will now address a few methods to the issue so that you can enjoy a more personalized experience with your iPhone.
Method 1: Disable Autoplay
The first method you can try is disabling the Autoplay feature on Spotify. For this, here is how you go about it:
1. Open the Spotify app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the gear icon in the top right corner to open the Settings menu.
3. Locate the Playback option and tap on it.
4. From here, toggle off Autoplay.
Method 2: Disable Background App Refresh
Disable background app refresh from your iPhone to stop Spotify from opening on startup. These steps will help you disable the feature:
1. Go to your iPhone’s Settings app and scroll down and tap on General.
2. From there, select Background App Refresh.
3. Locate the Spotify app in the list.
4. Finally, toggle off Spotify to disable background app refresh for Spotify.
Method 3: Update Spotify
Updating Spotify on your iPhone is a simple process and will help you in stopping the app from opening on startup. Follow these steps to update Spotify to the latest version:
1. Locate the App Store on your iPhone’s home screen and tap on it.
2. Look for the Spotify app in the search bar.
3. Tap on the UPDATE option next to the app name.
Note: If the UPDATE option is unavailable, then your app is already equipped with its latest update.
Once you’ve initiated the update, the App Store will download the latest version of Spotify onto your iPhone.
Method 4: Reinstall Spotify
Another effective method that can potentially stop Spotify from opening on startup on your iPhone is by reinstalling it.
1. Go to your iPhone’s home screen.
2. Tap and hold the Spotify icon until it starts to show a menu.
3. Tap on the Remove App option at the top to delete the app from your iPhone.
4. Confirm that you want to delete the app by tapping Delete App on the confirmation popup.
5. Go to the App Store and search for Spotify.
6. Tap the Install icon to reinstall the app.
After the app has finished installing, open it and log in to your Spotify account.
Why is Spotify Launching Automatically on iPhone?
Spotify may be opening automatically on your iPhone due to several reasons, such as:
- You might have set Spotify as your default music app which causes it to open automatically whenever you connect headphones or start your car.
- It can also happen if you have enabled the Autoplay feature on Spotify. This feature helps the app in playing music based on your listening history.
- If you have enabled background app refresh for Spotify, then it will continue running in the background even after you close the app. This can cause it to open automatically when you use your phone.
- Sometimes, temporary glitches in the app can cause Spotify to open automatically on your iPhone.
- Bugs in the operating system of your device are another reason for the said issue with Spotify.
Whether you’re looking to optimize your device’s performance or tired of Spotify opening on its own, these steps on how to stop Spotify from opening on startup on iPhone can help you customize your iPhone. If you have any queries, drop them underneath the article and we will reach back to you as soon as possible.