Regular Windows updates are important for the smooth working of your computer, for this reason, Microsoft provides new installments of the OS updates frequently. However, sometimes a faulty update may cause your computer to slow down and malfunction. To avoid such situations, a user may want to disable or stop automatic updates for their Windows 11 computers. If you are one such user and don’t know how to do so, we have the perfect guide for you.
How to Stop Automatic Windows 11 Updates
Microsoft provides regular updates to its Windows OS, these updates bring new features and erase existing bugs, ensuring you have a smooth experience. However, sometimes you may have to stop these updates. In this guide, we will explain how to disable automatic Windows 11 updates.
How to Pause and Disable Windows Update
You cannot disable the Windows updates permanently but temporarily stop them. The process for this is stated below:
1. Tap on the Start button of the desktop and open Settings.
2. Tap on Windows Update.
3. Pause the updates at your convenience.
When Should You Turn Off Automatic Windows Updates?
Regular Windows updates are essential for the smooth running of your PC. However, sometimes there may be situations when you have to disable auto-updates. There can be multiple reasons for the same, some of them are mentioned below.
- When a faulty update is received, you can disable automatic updates to stop the installation of new updates.
- When your computer doesn’t have enough space, it is advised to disable the auto-updates.
- Your PC may ask you to stop auto-updates while installing certain third-party software.
We hope this article helped you learn How to Stop Automatic Windows 11 Updates. Keep reading our blog for such helpful guides! Feel free to leave your suggestions & and queries in the comment section below.