Google Play Store offers endless fun with never-ending excitement with its vast collection of apps and games. But there might be times when you have to say goodbye to the platform when you switch operating systems. If you’re someone looking for tips about the same, we bring to you a helpful guide to teach you how to sign out of the Google Play Store both on your Android and tablets. Let’s get started!
How to Sign Out of Google Play Store on Android
you can definitely sign out of the Google Play Store. Remember that you can always sign back in whenever you want. But you should keep in mind that signing out of the Play Store will require you to sign out of your Google account across your entire device as Android syncs all your data with your Google account. Understanding how to sign out on Google Play Store helps you keep tabs on your digital footprint and ensure you aren’t unnecessarily signed in to a platform you don’t use anymore. So let’s dive into the process without more waiting.
Method 1: Via Settings On Android
Remember, the only way to log out of the Google Play Store from Android is to remove the Google account on your device. However, this will log you out of all other Google apps too. With that in mind, follow the steps given:
Note: Since not all Android phones have the same features, these steps were undertaken on One Plus Nord CE2 Lite.
1. Open Settings on your Android.
2. Tap on Users & accounts from the options available. This will list all the accounts you are signed into.
Note: On some versions of devices, this name can be under Cloud & Accounts, Accounts & Sync, etc. You can also simply search for accounts in settings.
3. Tap on Google, and a list of all the Google accounts you are signed into on your phone will show up.
4. Tap on the account you want to log out.
5. Tap three dots in the upper right corner. A drop-down menu will open.
6. Tap on Remove account.
Note: To sign back, go to the Accounts menu in the Settings app > Add account. Then tap Google. Now, you can sign back in with your username and password associated with your Google account.
Method 2: Via Google Play Store on Android
1. Open the Google Play Store.
2. Tap profile icon at the top right corner.
3. Click on the downward arrow key next to your name, a drop-down list will appear.
4. Select Manage Accounts on this device on This Device’ option.
5. Select the account you want to remove.
6.Select Remove account.
7. Once again select Remove Account and confirm in the pop-up box.
You will now be signed out of your Google Play Store on Android device.
How to Sign Out Your Play Store Account on PC
To sign out of your account on your desktop, follow the steps below:
Note: You can use any web browser on your PC/ Mac.
1. Go to Google Play Store on your web browser.
2. Click on your profile picture in the upper-right corner of the website. It will display a drop-down menu.
3. Scroll down and click on Sign Out.
Also Read: Fix Google Play Store Error Code 403
How to Sign Out Play Store Account on Smart TV
You can also log out of your account from Google Play Store on TV. Follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Connect your Smart TV with WiFi.
2. Go to the home section where you will find a gear icon on the top and then select it.
3. Select Accounts & Sign in.
Note: In some TV you can find this option under Additional Settings.
4. Select the ‘Google Account’ section and then select the ‘Remove Account’ option.
Your account will be removed from your TV.
What Happens When I Sign Out of Google Play Store?
When you sign out of your Google Play account, you’ll be logged out of your Google account on that device which means that you won’t be able to access your installed apps, make any purchases, or receive any updates until you log back in.
However, don’t worry, all your downloaded apps and data will still be available on your device whenever you log back in. So, if you’re switching accounts simply log back in and you’ll be good to go.
Also Read: Best Android Apps on Google Play Store
Signing out of Google Play Store gives you a chance to take a break, recharge, and come back to use amazing apps on the Play Store once you’re ready. We hope our guide on how to sign out of Google Play Store has answered your queries. Keep reading our blog for more information or leave your comments and suggestions below.