Ever stumbled upon YouTube shorts or Instagram reels with a mesmerizing soundtrack and wondered how to identify the song? What if there was an app to save the day? Indeed, there is. By learning how to use Shazam on a YouTube video, you can easily identify new singles and timeless classics within a matter of seconds. So, if you are ready to expand your music library, let’s dive right in.
How to Shazam a YouTube Video
Shazam is a popular app that allows users to identify music tracks by simply listening to a snippet. Available for both Android and iOS users, Shazam does work on apps like YouTube and provides a seamless experience. Moreover, you can also use its Chrome extension to Shazam a YouTube video directly from a browser.
If you have never used this app on your device, then chances are that you might face trouble in doing so. Well, worry not. Here is how to use Shazam on YouTube on Android:
1. Open Google Play Store on your Android device.
2. Download and Install Shazam.
3. Go to Settings.
4. Tap on Apps and find Shazam.
5. Next, toggle on Allow display over other apps from settings.
6. Launch the YouTube app and play any song of your preference.
7. Next, tap on Tap to Shazam from the notification bar.
That’s it. Shazam will now display the song name on your screen.
Also Read: How to Shazam on Snapchat
How to Use Shazam on YouTube on Laptop
To use Shazam on YouTube on any laptop, here is how you go about it:
1. Go to Chrome Web Store and search Shazam.
2. Click Add to Chrome.
3. Click on Add extension once the pop-up appears on the screen.
4. Next, go to YouTube and play any video.
5. Click on the Shazam icon and the extension will display the results within a few seconds.
By reading this article, you now know how to Shazam a YouTube video with just a few simple steps. So, the next time you come across a new song that makes you tap your foot to its groovy tunes, you know what to do next. Use Shazam and its powerful audio recognition feature and find new tracks and artists. If you enjoyed reading this article, make sure to leave your suggestions and feedback in the comments. Also, let us know what you would like to read next.