They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Although a witty bio, attractive pick-up lines, and spark-worthy conversations are essential factors to make an impression on any dating platform, sharing photos with your matches can be the key to deepening connections. But the question remains, can you send pictures on Tinder, and if so, then how to? We’ll find this out in today’s article.
Table of Contents
How to Send Photos on Tinder
A travel snapshot or a funny meme, a shared interest, or a cute picture with your pet, pictures help you showcase your personality, build conversations and make the conversation more lively.
Unfortunately, Tinder does not officially support sending photos on the app, even if you have Tinder Gold or Platinum subscriptions. However, there are certain workarounds that enable you to send pictures to your matches. Let us go through the same.
Method 1: Upload Photo to Your Profile Gallery
When creating a Tinder profile, you can upload up to 9 pictures to display in your gallery for others to view. If you want someone to see your best pictures, upload them to your profile and your matches can directly go through it.
However, it is not the most convenient way to share photos on the platform as any picture you upload to your profile will be visible to other users. You wouldn’t want all your pictures to be there for public visibility, would you? In such a case, you can follow the next method.
Also Read: How to Identify Fake Tinder Profiles
Method 2: Use Image Sharing Website
There are multiple image hosting websites such as Flickr for photos and videos. Here you can upload your pictures and share them on Tinder through a link.
Note 1: Even though it is convenient, sharing links on the platform can potentially get you banned.
Note 2: We do not endorse any such apps/websites that offer such services; therefore, use these at your discretion.
Follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Launch the Flickr website and log in or create an account if you do not have one.
2. Tap on your profile picture at the top-right corner, followed by Upload your photos.
3. Tap on Choose photos and videos to upload.
4. Select the images and follow the on-screen instructions to upload the photos.
5. Tap on the arrow (share) icon next to the photo you want to share.
6. Again tap on Share and then on Copy link.
7. Open Tinder, navigate to the chat and paste it there.
In this way, you can send them the link. They can now tap on the link and see your shared images.
Method 3: Send GIFs
Well, even though this might not be a feasible way for everyone, it can still do the job. Moreover, they could be more funny and attractive in a conversation. You can create a GIF of your picture and then share it with them. Follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Create a GIF first and save it.
2. Now, open Tinder and navigate to the match to whom you want to send the GIF.
3. Open the conversation and tap on the GIF button next to the text bar.
4. Search for your GIF and tap on it to send.
Method 4: Share your Social Media Handles
If you feel things have a step ahead and now it is possible to share your social media handles, such as Facebook or Instagram with your Tinder match, go ahead. They can now easily go through your posts and pictures. Moreover, you can use the platform’s own messaging feature to send photos and chat more with them. However, be careful about who you share your social media handle with.
Method 5: Exchange Numbers
We hope you have made it to the stage where numbers can be exchanged. This ultimately is the most convenient way to connect with them through calls, and messages. Even you can send photos or your Google Drive Link to them on WhatsApp.
Why Can’t I Share Pictures on Tinder?
Earlier Tinder introduced a photo-sharing feature called Moments, which allowed users to send temporary pictures, that used to disappear after 24 hours. In order to curb spam, fraud, harassment, and any other form of malicious activities on the platform, the same was removed.
Does Tinder Ban Photos?
As per their community guidelines, the photos that don’t comply with Tinder’s community guidelines are deleted. The following are the types of pictures banned from being uploaded to the service:
- Nudity or sexually explicit content in photographs.
- Photos with violent or graphic material, or that advocate for or threaten violence of any kind.
- Photos that promote bigotry or intolerance or contain hate speech.
- Photos of unlawful conduct or that promote illicit behavior.
- Photos with copyrighted or trademarked content that the user does not have authorization to use.
Recommended: Hinge Vs. Tinder: Which Dating App is Better?
Now that you know how to send pictures on Tinder, we hope you can create stronger ties with your matches. However, keep in mind to prioritize your safety and privacy before sharing any photos. If you have any queries or suggestions, let us know in the comments box. For more such tips and tricks, stay connected to TechCult.