Have you ever questioned if, similar to Instagram, you can send direct messages on Twitter? The answer is yes! Twitter allows users to send tweets directly using different alternatives. In this guide, we will explore these methods in detail and help you send a tweet to a specific person on the platform.
Table of Contents
How to Send a Tweet to a Specific Person
In addition to sharing tweets on Twitter for your followers to see, you can also send them directly to individuals. Even if you’re new to the platform, it’s a straightforward process. Here’s how to forward your tweets personally:
Method 1: By Copying the Link of the Tweet
You can forward a tweet to a specific person with the help of a tweet link.
Note: Since all smartphones do not have the same Settings options and they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, ensure the correct settings before changing any. The following methods were tried on (TECNO Spark 7 Pro).
1. Open Twitter (name changed to X) and log in to your account.
2. Tap on the share icon (Three connected dots) at the bottom right part of the tweet.
3. Tap on the Copy Link option to copy the URL of the tweet.
4. Now open any messaging app like WhatsApp or SMS and paste the link on the recipient’s inbox.
Instead of messaging, you can also email it to the recipient through their mail-id.
Also Read: How to Schedule a Tweet on iPhone
Method 2: By Tagging or Mentioning Them
You can also send a tweet to a specific person by tagging or mentioning them:
1. Open Twitter and tap on the plus icon on your profile.
2. Write your tweet and attach all the necessary photos if needed.
3. Mention the recipients by typing @+ Twitter account.
4. Tap on the Only people you mention option under the Who can reply menu.
Now, they will be able to see your tweet personally.
Method 3: Send a Tweet to a Specific Person in DM
Using this method, you can easily send a tweet to a specific person on Twitter using Direct Messages, also known as DM.
1. Open Twitter and choose the Send via Direct Message option in the sharing menu that appears.
2. Type the User ID of the account in the search bar to whom you want to send the tweet.
3. Tap on the Send button in the dialogue box that appears at the bottom.
Once done, your tweet will be sent to the person individually as a DM.
Method 4: Via Quote Feature
Utilizing quote tweets is a great method to actively participate in platform discussions, allowing you to express your thoughts and engage in conversations with specific individuals. To use this feature for sending a tweet:
1. Open your Twitter account and tap on the retweet icon.
2. Now, select Quote Tweet and enter your comment in the box.
3. Finally, tap on the Tweet button.
Can I Send a Tweet to Just One Person?
Yes, you can send a tweet to a specific person on Twitter, similar to sending a direct message. To do this, follow all the steps outlined in Method 1 but enter only the user ID of the account you wish to send the tweet to, then proceed to send it.
We trust that this guide has provided you with a clear understanding of how to send a tweet to a specific person. Feel free to leave behind any comments or suggestions in the comment box. Follow our page for more tech-related advice.