On Facebook, videos are a powerful way to connect with your audience and share compelling stories. However, orientation issues can lead to unintentional cropping of clips and reduce their impact. Therefore, it is essential to see the videos in the correct format. So, let’s explore the methods on how to rotate a Feed or Live video on Facebook.
How to Rotate a Video on Facebook
You can rotate a video on Facebook using either the mobile app or the desktop website. There are multiple methods to achieve this, such as utilizing the built-in Auto-rotate feature on your phone or using third-party apps. Let’s take a closer look at each method:
It is how you can rotate Facebook videos using a third-party app:
1. Open Google Play Store on your phone.
2. Search and install the Rotation Control app.
3. Choose landscape or rev land mode.
4. Tap on START to activate rotation control and play the FB video.
Note: Since Android smartphones don’t have the same Settings options, they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any on your device.
Method 1: Enable Auto Rotate Feature
Every smartphone has an auto-rotate feature that allows you to switch between portrait and landscape modes automatically. Follow the steps below to turn on that feature and enjoy the FB content in the desired orientation.
1. Open the Facebook app on your phone.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your Facebook account.
2. Tap on the Video tab from the top.
3. Select the Live tab to see all the live videos.
Note: You can also switch to other tabs like Gaming, Reels, or Following to see the associated videos.
4. Now, pull down the status bar to reveal the Quick Access notification panel.
5. Next, tap on the Auto rotate feature icon to enable it.
6. Select the desired Facebook video to watch and then turn your phone horizontally to rotate it.
Also Read: How To Rotate Screen On iPhone
Method 2: Use Third-Party Rotation Control App
If the auto-rotation feature on your phone is not working, you can try out some third-party apps. Rotation Control is a popular application that lets you control your device’s screen orientation. To use it, download the app on your device. Here’s how:
Note: We do not endorse or sponsor any of the third-party apps/tools listed in this article. Users should ensure the protection of their data for privacy or any data loss. So, use these at your discretion.
1. Open the Google Play Store app on your phone.
2. From the search bar, search for the Rotation Control app.
3. Select it from the search results and tap on the Install option to download it.
4. After installing, open the Rotation Control app.
5. Now, select either landscape or rev land option to rotate your screen horizontally.
Note: Your device screen will remain in this orientation until you manually change or disable it.
6. Once done, tap on the START option, as shown below, to activate the rotation control feature.
7. Now, play the desired FB video in the chosen rotation mode.
How to Rotate Facebook Live Video While Watching?
To rotate your Facebook Live videos horizontally on your phone, you can read and follow the steps mentioned above.
How to Rotate Facebook Video on PC?
With the FlexClip application, you can easily rotate your Facebook videos to your desired orientation on your PC. Here are simple steps to follow for rotating your Facebook video:
1. Visit the Facebook website and Log in to your account by providing the required credentials.
2. Now, click on the Video tab from the top of the home page.
3. Play the desired video you want to rotate.
4. Click on the three-dotted icon from the top right corner.
5. From the menu, click on the Download video option.
6. Once the video is downloaded, visit the FlexClip website on the browser.
7. Then, click on the Create a Video option and upload the download Facebook video.
8. Click on the Transform option from the top of the screen.
9. Now, click on Left or Right to rotate your video either left or right by 90°.
10. Choose the Horizontally or Vertically option to flip the video.
11. Once you are satisfied with the changes, click on the Export option present in the top right corner to download the video.
Also See: How to Fix Android Screen Won’t Rotate
After learning how to rotate a video on Facebook, you’ll be able to view videos in full size without cropping. If you still have doubts regarding this topic, share them with us in the comments below. Let’s continue learning together!