Alright, when it comes to platforms like Reddit that host a diverse variety of communities, talks & discussions never seem to take a break. And hence, factors such as order and respect become a priority. However, you might find a subreddit that goes too far and violates the rules & guidelines set by the platform. In such cases, you have the option to report and get the subreddit or users who abuse banned from Reddit. We will show you how to do the same, let’s get started.
How to Report a Subreddit on Reddit
Usually, Subreddits are dedicated to a specific topic, theme, interest, or discussion that covers all forms of subjects, such as tech, gaming, travel, hobbies, and many more. Subscribers post content related to the niche. Each subreddit is moderated by a team of volunteers who make the rules specific to that community both for posts & behavior. If you find someone violating the guidelines, here’s how you can report them.
Note: You cannot report an entire subreddit directly but its content. Multiple reports create chances for getting the subreddit banned.
Option 1: Report Subreddit on Desktop
Follow the steps below on the Reddit Desktop version:
1. Visit the official Reddit Report web page on any browser on your PC.
2. You will see two options with drop-down menus- I want to report spam or abuse or I want to report other issues. Choose the type of report you want to file.
3. Make sure to fill in all the necessary details such as the name of the Subreddit, additional information, link to the post, or comment, as asked about the content you’re reporting.
4. Once filled, click on the Submit option.
Option 2: Report Subreddit on Android
Here’s how you can report any Reddit content using its Android app on your smartphone:
1. Open Reddit and tap the Me icon (Reddit avatar) at the top right corner.
2. Tap on Settings.
3. In the Settings menu, scroll down to the SUPPORT section, and tap on Report an issue.
4. You will be redirected to the Reddit Help page.
5. Scroll down a little and from the What do you need assistance with? drop-down menu, select Other reports.
6. Add Your email address, choose What would you like to report, and tick both the checkboxes under it.
7. Choose the type of abuse from the Policy Violation drop-down menu and fill in all the other details.
8. Finally tap on Submit.
Note: You can also report a subreddit even if you do not have a Reddit account on the Reddit Help page.
How to Report Users on Reddit
Reddit has a Content Policy laid out for the platform that users need to follow. If someone is posting content like harassment, sexual abuse, hate speech, or fake news that violates the policy, you can simply report them using your mobile or desktop:
Option 1: Report Reddit User on Desktop
Follow the steps below to report any Redditor using the desktop web version:
1. Visit the Reddit website on any PC on the browser.
2. In the search bar, type the username of the user you want to report and hit the Enter key.
3. Move to the People tab, and select the user you want to report.
4. On the left-hand side, click on the More Options button and select Report User from the menu.
5. You’ll be redirected to the Reddit help center page. Click on the appropriate link based on what you want to report from the user and follow the on-screen instructions.
Option 2: Report Reddit User on Android
You can also report any user on Reddit using its Android app by following the steps below:
1. Open Reddit and locate the user you want to report.
2. Tap the three dots icon at the top right corner of the screen, followed by Report account.
You’ll be redirected to the Reddit Reporting page.
3. Tap on the appropriate link based on what you want to report and follow the on-screen instructions thereafter.
Also See: How to Report a Comment on Facebook
How Do I Report Abuse on Reddit
Abusive posts, comments, or messages are unacceptable on Reddit and it is important to report them to maintain the integrity of the platform. It’s a simple process. Follow the steps below:
1. Go to the official Reddit Report web page and expand the I want to report spam or abuse drop-down menu.
2. Select This is abusive or harassing and then choose In what way? from the list of options.
3. Select the appropriate options and in the LINK TO POST/COMMENT/PM ON REDDIT field, enter the link of the post or comment you want to report.
4. Once all the details are filled, click on the Submit button.
How to Report Moderator Abuse to the Administrator
Moderators work to prevent harassment, abuse, and any other misconduct with the subreddit. All posts and comments are approved or removed by them if they do not adhere to the community standards. However, if you find a mod violating the Reddit Moderator Code of Conduct, you can report them directly on the Reporting page.
- Make sure to gather sufficient evidence such as screenshots of the abusive post and comments etc.
- Contact other moderators in the subreddit to seek their help.
Will Someone Know If You Report Them?
No, when you report any content or user profile, Reddit doesn’t send a notification to that person. Hence it is completely anonymous. If they find the person has violated the community guidelines, they might take strict action against them.
We hope our guide helped you report a subreddit on Reddit. If you have any queries or suggestions for us, do let us know in the comments section below. Stay tuned to TechCult for more such informative tech guides.