Windows 11 introduced an all-new Widget pane that resides on the left side of the screen. Although it got a new user interface to match the new appearance of Windows 11, Widgets were not as welcomed by the users. This is not the first time, Windows has tried its hands on the Widgets side of the Operating system. While it acts as a hub for information like weather, stock traffics, news, etc., the Widget pane is scarcely used by most. Another glaring point is the Live Weather & News Widget which is located on the Taskbar so it is hard not to notice it. Continue reading to disable or remove Weather widget from Taskbar in Windows 11 PCs.
Table of Contents
How to Remove or Disable Weather Widget from Taskbar in Windows 11
You can access it by:
- either pressing Windows + W keyboard shortcut
- or by clicking on the Widgets icon in the Taskbar.
There are three methods to disable Weather widget from Taskbar on Windows 11 as discussed below.
Method 1: Through Widget Pane
Follow the steps mentioned below to remove Weather widget from Taskbar on Windows 11 through the Widget pane:
1. Press Windows + W keys together to open the Widget pane on the left side of the screen.
2. Click on three horizontal dotted icon present in the top right-hand corner of the Weather widget.
3. Now, select the Remove widget option from the context menu as shown highlighted.
Also Read: 9 Best Calendar Apps for Windows 11
Method 2: Through Windows Settings
Following are the steps to remove Weather widget from Taskbar in Windows 11 through Windows Settings:
1. Click on the Search icon and type Settings, then click on Open.
2. Click on Personalization in the left pane and click on Taskbar in the right, as shown.
3. Switch Off the toggle for Widgets under Taskbar items to disable live weather widget icon.
Also Read: How to Pin Apps to Taskbar on Windows 11
Method 3: Through Command Prompt
Now if you really want to get rid of widgets altogether, we got your back. Follow these steps to uninstall Widgets completely from Windows 11 PC:
1. Click on the Search icon and type Command prompt, then click on Run as administrator to launch Elevated Command Prompt.
2. Click on Yes in the User Account Control prompt.
3. Type winget uninstall “windows web experience pack” and press Enter key.
4. Press Y followed by Enter key as an answer to Do you agree to all the source agreements terms?
5. Restart your PC after receiving the Successfully uninstalled message, as depicted below.
- How to Configure Indexing Options on Windows 11
- How to Fix Windows 11 Taskbar Not Working
- Fix Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Missing
- How To Add Widgets To Windows 10 Desktop
Hope this article helped you understand how to remove Weather widget from Taskbar in Windows 11. We strive to bring better content for you so please send us your suggestions and questions in the comment section below.