Parental control on Amazon Fire Stick allows you to restrict certain content for your kids. But, have you ever forgotten the PIN? If so, you can certainly understand how frustrating it is to get stuck in child mode with restricted access to apps and services. Well, removing or resetting the 5-digit child PIN on Amazon Fire Stick is not difficult to overcome and can be done with a few simple steps. To learn how, read the guide!
Can You Reset Child PIN on Amazon Fire Stick?
Yes, resetting the child PIN on your Fire Stick is possible.
How to Remove Amazon Fire Stick PIN
Parental controls are important to make sure your child is not seeing inappropriate content on Amazon. But if you forget your child lock PIN, you get deprived of accessing all the content the platform offers. Therefore, to remove the 5-digit PIN on Amazon Fire Stick, follow the below steps:
1. Open your Fire Stick Home screen and select Settings from the menu.
2. Go to Preferences, where you manage your viewing settings.
3. Navigate to Parental Controls; if it’s OFF, no PIN is set. If it’s ON, click it.
4. Enter the 5-digit PIN.
You have turned off Parental Controls, so you won’t need to enter a PIN each time you access a profile. You can adjust these settings whenever you like.
How to Reset Amazon Fire Stick PIN
If you want to reset the PIN, you can do so by doing the factory reset. Here is how:
1. Navigate to Fire Stick home screen and select Settings.
2. Now, select My Fire TV.
3. Then, select Reset to Factory Defaults.
Note: Enter the PIN when prompted.
4. Finally, select the Reset button to confirm the action.
How Do You Bypass Child PIN on Fire Stick
In case you currently don’t have access to your Amazon account on your smartphone or computer, then you may opt for a full factory reset on Amazon Fire Stick. Follow the below steps to factory reset your Amazon Fire Stick device:
Note: This may reset all your settings and other saved data and delete all the apps from the device.
1. Open your Fire Stick device and access its Settings.
2. Now, select My Fire TV.
3. Select the Reset button in Reset to Factory Defaults section.
4. Now, when parental control PIN displays, press on BACK button on your remote.
Note: This action will dismiss the PIN and return to the previous screen.
5. Now, select Reset again and repeat the above steps for four times.
6. After you cancel for 5th time, you will be asked to factory reset the device dialog box.
7. Select Reset to wipe everything from the Fire Stick.
We hope you were able to unlock your device with the help of our article on how to remove or reset Amazon Fire Stick PIN. If not, please let us know about any issues you are facing in the comment box below. Don’t forget to leave your suggestions. Thanks for reading!