If you are using LinkedIn to find a job, the Open to Work feature can be really helpful in letting recruiters know you’re available. However, once you have been hired, you might want to turn off this feature. In this guide, we will explore how you can remove the Open to Work feature on LinkedIn using the mobile app.
How To Remove Open to Work on LinkedIn Mobile App
The Open to Work feature on LinkedIn can be useful, but turning it off gives you more privacy. By disabling this feature, you can search for job opportunities without letting everyone on your contacts list know that you are actively looking. So, let us figure out how to remove it below.
Follow the steps given below to remove the Open to Work feature on LinkedIn app on your Android device.
1. Open the LinkedIn app and tap on your profile picture in the top left corner.
2. Now, tap on View profile.
3. Find the Open to work box on top of your profile.
4. To edit your preferences, tap the pencil icon on the corner of the Open to work box.
5. Scroll down till you reach the end and tap on Delete from profile.
6. Confirmation that you want to remove the Open to work feature on your profile by tapping on the Delete option.
You can easily remove the Open to Work feature by following these steps on the LinkedIn app from your Android device.
Also Read: How To Turn Off LinkedIn Job Alerts
How to Remove Open to Work on LinkedIn on PC
You can follow the steps given below for PC to take off the Open to Work feature on LinkedIn without the app.
1. Open LinkedIn in your web browser and click on the Me icon from the top navigation bar on your Homepage.
2. Click on the View Profile option from the drop-down menu.
3. Now, find the Open to work box on your profile and click on the pencil icon appearing in the top right corner of this box.
4. Click the Delete from profile option in the lower left corner.
5. Confirm that you want to remove the feature by clicking on the Delete button from the confirmation box.
The Open to Work feature will no longer be there once you give the confirmation.
What Is Open to Work on LinkedIn?
Open to Work feature on LinkedIn allow job seekers to signal recruiters and hiring managers that they are actively looking for new job opportunities. An Open To Work badge on a LinkedIn profile help recruiters and hiring managers who search for potential candidates.
The feature is optional and can be used by anyone with a LinkedIn account, including those who are currently employed but looking for a new role, or those who are unemployed and actively seeking new employment opportunities.
There are two options for Open to Work on LinkedIn:
1. Open to Work for Recruiters Only: With this setting, your job-seeking preferences will only be visible to LinkedIn users who have a LinkedIn Recruiter account, ensuring a more targeted audience for your job search efforts.
2. Open to Work for Everyone: Here, all LinkedIn members can see that you are looking for work., a little green circle appears around your LinkedIn profile picture when you click on this option.
Removing the Open to Work feature on LinkedIn is a simple process that requires a few clicks, whether it is the mobile app or your PC. By following the steps given above, you can ensure that recruiters are no longer seeing that you are open to job opportunities.