Microsoft Edge allows you to add extensions and add-ons to make browsing easy for you. While Extensions do make the user experience smooth, some of them are falsely advertised and cause problems while surfing the net. If you are experiencing issues such as slow performance and lagging with Edge, removing suspicious extensions can help you fix the issue. In this guide, we will discuss how to remove the extension from Microsoft Edge.
How to Remove Extension from Microsoft Edge
When you have a corrupt browser extension, it can cause serious privacy and performance issues for you. Therefore, it is recommended to remove any doubtful extension from Edge. There are two ways to remove unwanted extensions from your Edge browser. Both ways are described below:
Method 1: Using Menu Options
The easiest method to remove an extension from Microsoft Edge is by going through browser options. You can follow these simple steps for the same.
1. Open your Edge browser.
2. From the upper right corner, click on the Three-dot icon.
Note: You can also press Alt + F key simultaneously to open menu options.
3. From the menu options, click on Extensions.
4. In the pop-up window, click on the Manage extensions option.
5. In the new Extensions tab, under the extension you want to remove, click on the Remove option.
6. Click on Remove in the pop-up window.
Once you complete all the above-mentioned steps, the extension will be removed.
Method 2: Using Browser Toolbar
Another easy way to access the extension on Edge is by using the browser toolbar. Use the following steps to use this method.
1. Open the Edge browser.
2. In the browser toolbar, click on the Extension icon.
3. On the pop-up window, click on the Manage Extension option and then follow steps 4-6 from the previous method.
We hope this guide answers your queries about how to remove extensions from Microsoft Edge. For more tips and tricks do visit the TechCult website. If you have any suggestions or queries, please let us know in the comment section.