Screen recording may prove to be quite useful in a variety of scenarios. You might wish to film a how-to video to help a friend, or you might want to record the unexpected behavior of a Windows application for further resolution. It is a highly valuable and effective tool, especially for us here, at Techcult. Thankfully, Windows comes with an inbuilt screen recording tool for this. Xbox Game bar was developed keeping the gaming community in mind with features like capturing video, broadcasting gameplay online, taking screenshots, and accessing the Xbox app with a single click. In this article, we are going to explore how to record your screen in Windows 11.
How to Record Your Screen in Windows 11
Let’s now explore methods to record screen on your Windows 11 devices.
Method 1: Using In-built Screen Recorder
The in-built Game Bar is enabled by default which offers the feature to record your screen. You can use the below-mentioned steps to record the screen on your PC.
1. Open the Application you want to record.
2. Press Windows + G keys simultaneously to open the Xbox Game Bar.
3. Click on the Capture icon from the top of the screen.
4. In the Capture toolbar, click on the Mic icon to turn it On or Off, as needed.
Note: Alternately, to turn the mic on/off, press Windows + Alt + M keys together.
5. Now, click on Start recording in the Capture toolbar.
6. To stop the recording, click on the Recording button again.
Note: To start/stop recording, keyboard shortcut is Windows + Alt + R keys.
This is how you can record your screen on Windows 11 to share with others.
Method 2: Using RecMaster Screen Recorder
RecMaster provides an immersive experience for screen recording making it more unique and best choice. The program has a default screen capture feature that can select and record a custom area.
1. Open RecMaster on your Windows 11 system.
2. Now, click on the Custom Area icon.
3. Select the custom area part where you want to start recording.
4. Finally, click on Rec icon to start recording.
5. Click on the red button icon to finish the recording.
Once the recording is saved, you will be able to see them in the Recording List section.
Also Read: 17 Best Free Screen Recorder for PC.
How to View Screen Recordings
Now, that you know how to record your screen on Windows 11 then, you will need to view them too.
Option 1: Click on Game clip recorded
When you turn off screen recording, a banner will appear on the right side of the screen stating: Game clip recorded. To see a list of all screen recordings and screenshots, click on it, as shown highlighted.
Option 2: From Capture Toolbar Gallery
1. Launch the Xbox Game Bar by pressing Windows + G keys together.
2. Click on the Show all captures option in the Capture toolbar to enter the Gallery view of the Game Bar.
3. Here, you can preview the screen recording in the Gallery view by clicking the Play icon as shown below.
Note: You can modify Volume of the video and/or Cast it to another device, using the highlighted options.
Also Read: How to Change DNS Server on Windows 11
How to Edit Screen Recordings
Here are the steps to edit recorded videos:
1. Go to Xbox game bar > Captures > Show all Captures as earlier.
2. Select your Recorded video. Information like App name, Date of Recording, and File size will be shown in the right pane.
3. Click on the Edit icon shown highlighted and rename the Name of the Recording.
Note: Additionally, in the Gallery window, you can:
- Click Open file location option to navigate to the file location of the recorded video in File Explorer.
- Click Delete to delete the desired recording.
- How to Turn Outlook Email Read Receipt On Off
- How to Change Wallpaper on Windows 11
- How to Update Apps on Windows 11
- How to Download and Install Windows 11 Updates
We hope you could learn how to record your screen in Windows 11. Moreover, you must now know how to view, edit or delete Screen recordings too. Type your suggestions and queries in the comment section below. We would love to hear from you!