Have you posted a carousel on Instagram and got the order of the pictures wrong? You are not the only one; we have all been there. The incorrect order of pictures can break the flow and story of an Instagram post. Hence, to get it fixed so that you can convey your story better, we are here to help you out. Read this guide and learn how to rearrange pictures on Instagram after posting them.
Table of Contents
How to Rearrange Pictures on Instagram After Posting Them
If you’re tired of the way your Instagram feed appears, there’s good news! You can change the order of photos, even for multiple pictures at once, creating a fresh and unique look. In this helpful guide, we’ll show you how to rearrange the order of your photo dump on Instagram. Keep reading to learn more!
Can You Rearrange Photos Once Posted on Instagram?
Yes, you can rearrange photos once posted on Instagram. However, there is no direct option available on Instagram, so you can try another way to rearrange them. All you have to do is delete pictures from the carousel and then restore them to the order you wanted.
To know how to set your pictures in order once you have posted them, follow the below-mentioned steps:
Note 1: Make sure you are logged into the Instagram app.
Note 2: The restored image will be stacked at the end of the pictures in the post.
1. Open the Instagram app on your mobile device.
2. Tap on the profile icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. Now, tap on the post whose pictures you want to rearrange.
4. Tap on the three vertical dots icon in the top-right corner of the post.
5. Tap on the Edit option from the bottom menu.
6. Select a picture from the carousel and tap on the delete icon.
7. Tap Delete from the dialog box to delete the picture.
8. Follow steps 6 and 7 to select and delete multiple pictures from the carousel.
9. Tap on the right tick icon in the top-right corner of the screen to save the post.
10. Now, go to your profile and tap on the hamburger menu icon.
11. Tap on the Your activity option from the bottom menu.
12. Tap on the Recently deleted option.
13. Tap on the image you want to restore and select the three vertical dots icon.
14. Tap on the Restore option from the bottom menu to restore it to the end of the post from where you deleted it.
Can You Use External Apps to Rearrange Pictures in an Instagram Post?
No, you cannot use external apps to rearrange pictures in an Instagram post. Once you have posted a carousel, a photo, or a video on Instagram, you cannot change it using any external apps. Instagram allows users to post images using external apps and websites, but it does not allow users to edit or delete them. That is why you cannot use external apps to rearrange your pictures in an already-posted Instagram post.
We hope our guide on how to rearrange pictures on Instagram after posting them was helpful and informative for you. If you have any questions or suggestions for us, feel free to drop them in the comment section below.