Discord servers grow when there’s a good balance of creativity and responsible management. However, server owners like you need a thorough and effective staff application process to make it possible. This process helps pick people who can enforce rules, solve conflicts, and create an inclusive community. In this tutorial, we’ll explain the process of how to make a Discord staff application template to find passionate and capable moderators for your server.
Table of Contents
How to Make a Discord Staff Application
A Discord staff application is a customized document used in the process for people to apply as staff members or moderators for a Discord server. Server owners or administrators use this application to find responsible and trustworthy individuals who can help manage the server, enforce rules, assist users, and maintain a positive community environment.
The application usually asks about the applicant’s experience, skills, availability, and motivation to join the staff. While Discord itself does not provide an official staff application feature, server owners have the flexibility to design and implement their own documents to recruit staff members.
You can use Google Forms to create a Discord staff application. It is a powerful tool that allows you to design customized forms and collect responses in a structured manner. To create a Discord staff application using Google Forms, follow these steps:
Note: Determine the specific roles and responsibilities you want your staff members to have beforehand and convey the same to the applicants. This could include moderation, support, event organization, community management, or any other areas relevant to your server’s needs.
1. Visit the Google Forms website on your browser.
Note: Make sure you are signed into your Google account.
2. Click on Blank to create a new Google form.
3. Add the desired form title and description.
4. Add the first question to the form to evaluate the applicant.
Note: Toggle on the Required option if you want the applicant to answer this question without skipping it.
5. Then, click on the Add icon from the right-hand side floating pane to add further questions to the form.
6. After adding all the questions, click on the TT icon and add the Thank you for your time! title.
7. Now, click on Send from the top right corner.
8. Click on the Link icon.
9. Click on Copy to copy the form link to your clipboard.
10. Now, open the Discord app on your PC and navigate to the desired channel where you want to share the form.
11. Press the Ctrl + V key combination and press the Enter key to share the form with the applicants on that server.
12. When applicants submit their forms, you can easily find them in the Responses section on the same form.
You should keep applicants informed about the progress of their application. You can provide updates on the selection process and timeline. Once you have made your decisions, notify all applicants of the outcomes and offer feedback to those who were not selected.
After selecting staff members, welcome them to the team and provide any necessary training or orientation. Familiarize them with your server’s guidelines, moderation tools, and any specific procedures they need to follow. This will help them integrate smoothly into their roles and ensure they understand their responsibilities.
Can We Make a Discord Staff Application from Template?
Yes, you can create a Discord staff application using a template as a starting point. Using a template can help streamline the process and ensure that you collect the necessary information from applicants in a structured manner. You can easily find templates on the Jotform website.
Using a template can save you time and effort in creating a staff application from scratch. However, make sure to review and customize the template to suit your server’s specific requirements. The template should serve as a foundation that you can adapt and refine to effectively assess applicants and select the most suitable individuals for your Discord staff team.
Does Experience Matter in a Discord Staff Application?
Yes. When evaluating candidates for staff positions, experience is often a valuable factor to consider. While experience is valuable, it is important to consider other factors as well when evaluating a Discord staff application. These may include a candidate’s attitude, dedication, willingness to learn, and alignment with the server’s goals and values. A combination of experience, skills, and personal qualities can contribute to a successful staff team.
What are Some Examples of Discord Staff Application Templates?
While there is no one-size-fits-all template for a Discord staff application, here are some examples of sections and questions that you can include in your application form. These examples can serve as a starting point, and you can customize them based on your specific server’s needs and requirements:
1. Personal Information:
- Discord Username:
- Time zone:
2. Previous Experience:
- Have you held any staff or moderation roles in Discord servers or other online communities before? If yes, please provide details.
- What specific responsibilities did you have in your previous roles?
- How long have you been using Discord, and what motivated you to apply for a staff position?
3. Skills and Qualifications:
- What skills do you possess that you believe would make you an effective staff member?
- Are you familiar with Discord moderation tools and bots? If yes, please provide examples.
- Do you have any experience in handling member disputes or enforcing server rules? If yes, please elaborate.
4. Scenario-based Questions:
- How would you handle a situation where a member repeatedly violates server rules?
- What steps would you take to resolve a conflict between two members?
- How would you respond to a report of harassment or inappropriate behavior within the server?
5. Motivation and Goals:
- Why are you interested in becoming a staff member of our Discord server?
- What do you hope to achieve or contribute to the community as a staff member?
- How do you envision maintaining a positive and inclusive environment within the server?
6. Additional Information:
- Is there anything else you would like to share that you believe would support your application?
- Do you have any suggestions or ideas to improve the server or its community?
Also Read: How to Add Moderator to Facebook Group
What Questions Should Be Included in a Discord Staff Application?
When crafting a Discord staff application, it’s essential to include thought-provoking questions that delve into an applicant’s qualifications, experiences, and suitability for the role. Here are some diverse questions to consider for your Discord staff application:
1. Motivation and Engagement:
- What sparked your interest in joining our Discord staff team?
- How would you contribute to fostering a positive and inclusive community atmosphere?
- Are you passionate about our server’s niche or topic? If so, explain why.
2. Conflict Resolution and Moderation:
- Describe a situation where you successfully resolved a conflict between server members.
- How would you handle a disruptive or argumentative individual within the server?
- Can you provide an example of a time when you implemented effective moderation techniques?
3. Problem-Solving Skills:
- Share an instance where you encountered a challenging situation within an online community and how you overcame it.
- How would you address a technical issue or disturbance within the server?
- Have you ever dealt with server raids or spam attacks? If so, explain how you handled them.
4. Communication and Collaboration:
- How would you effectively communicate with server members, both individually and as a group?
- Describe your approach to collaborating with other staff members to maintain a harmonious environment.
- Can you share an example of a time when you effectively mediated a disagreement or misunderstanding?
5. Adaptability and Proactiveness:
- How do you stay informed about Discord’s latest features and updates? How would you use this knowledge to benefit the server?
- Share an instance where you took the initiative to improve a previous server or online community you were part of.
- How would you handle sudden changes in server dynamics or rules?
6. Time Management and Availability:
- Describe your typical availability to fulfill staff responsibilities within the server.
- How would you balance your real-life commitments with your staff duties?
- Can you provide an example of a time when you efficiently managed multiple tasks or responsibilities?
Also Read: How To Lock Roles on Discord
In this tutorial, we have presented a step-by-step guide on how to make a Discord staff application. With the help of this method, you can create an effective staff application that attracts suitable candidates and keeps your community thriving. Share your thoughts in the comments below, and keep visiting our website for more informative guides.