Facebook groups are an excellent means of connecting with similar-minded individuals and establishing a community. However, sustaining a positive and engaging group atmosphere can prove difficult without the assistance of admins and moderators. They perform the crucial role of overseeing group activities & interactions to maintain a safe space for one and all. Follow the method on how to add a moderator to a Facebook group from this guide to make someone an integral part of your group supervision team.
Table of Contents
How to Add Moderator to Facebook Group
You can add a moderator to your Facebook group by following these steps:
1. Open the Facebook app on your phone.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your Facebook account.
2. Tap on the hamburger menu icon from the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Tap on the Groups tab.
4. Locate and tap on the desired group from the For you section.
5. From the top right corner, tap on the shield icon.
6. From the Tool shortcuts section, tap on the People option to select one of the moderators of your Facebook group
7. Select the desired member you want to add as a moderator and tap on the three-dotted icon next to their username.
8. Tap on the Invite as moderator option.
9. Now, tap on the MAKE MODERATOR option from the pop-up that appears.
That’s it! Now wait for the member to accept your invitation request.
Can Facebook Group Moderators Add Another Moderator?
No. Moderators have limited access, and they cannot add another member as a moderator on a Facebook group. Only group admins have the ability to add any individual as a moderator.
How Many Moderators Can We Add on a FB Page?
There is no set limit on the number of moderators you can have on your Facebook page. They allow you to add multiple moderators. However, it is important to choose moderators who are familiar with your page’s objectives and are trustworthy to maintain a positive and controlled online environment for your audience.
What Powers Does a Moderator Have on Facebook?
On Facebook, moderators play an important role in ensuring that the group is a safe and friendly place for everyone to share and connect.
They have several powers in a Facebook group, such as:
- Approve or reject any membership request
- Remove comments and post on the Facebook group
- Control group settings
- Pin or unpin any post
- Schedule posts
- Block or ban rule-breaker members who violate the group’s rules
- Respond to group members’ queries
How to Remove a Moderator from a Facebook Group?
If you believe the moderator is not active or fulfilling their responsibilities as a moderator, you can remove them from your group by following these steps:
1. Navigate to the Members list in the People menu, as demonstrated above.
2. Next, tap on the three-dotted icon next to the desired member name you want to remove.
3. Tap on Remove as moderator.
4. From the ensuing pop-up, tap on REMOVE AS MODERATOR to exclude them from your Facebook group supervision team.
Also Read: Can Reddit Mods See Removed Posts?
Once you’ve learned how to add a moderator to a Facebook group, you can assign this responsible position to a suitable member. Share your queries or suggestions in the comments below, and explore our other insightful articles.