Smile is an online service by Amazon which allows you to buy products online. Still, for every product you purchase on Smile, 0.5% of the total amount of your purchase is donated to some charitable organizations. Smile is a simple way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. Since its launch in 2013, it has donated more than $377 million to charitable organizations worldwide. If you are looking to join Smile to help out these charitable organizations by shopping, this article will help you to get started. It will guide you on how to login to your Amazon Smile account if you don’t have one. It will also help you understand whether is Amazon Smile same as Amazon, how can you add Amazon Smile to your computer, and also what are the downsides to Amazon Smile you can experience.
Table of Contents
- How to Login to Your Amazon Smile Account
- Is Amazon Smile Same as Amazon?
- How Long has Amazon Smile been Around?
- How Do You Login to Your Amazon Smile Account?
- How Can You Add Amazon Smile to Your Computer?
- How Do You Change Your Amazon Smile Account?
- How Much Does Amazon Smile Give to Your Charity?
- Does Amazon Smile Tell the Charity What You Bought?
- Can You Claim Amazon Smile Donations on Taxes?
- Are There Any Downsides to Amazon Smile?
- How Can You Cancel Your Amazon Smile Account?
How to Login to Your Amazon Smile Account
You will get to know how to login to your Smile account further in this article. Keep reading to learn more about it in detail.
Is Amazon Smile Same as Amazon?
Yes, Amazon Smile is almost the same as Amazon. The only difference is that Smile donates some money to registered charities on every product that the consumer purchases. All the products and offers that are on the main website are also on Smile. On Smile, you have to select the charitable organization to whom you have to donate so you can purchase the products as usual, and 0.5% of your purchased amount will be automatically donated to the charity of your choice.
How Long has Amazon Smile been Around?
Smile has been around for almost nine years since its launch. It was launched in 2013 by Amazon to help charitable organizations raise some funds for their organization using the Amazon service. You can use your same Amazon account to use this charity service website, as there is no need to create a new account. All your purchase history for charity is kept away from your Amazon account, and you don’t see these purchases on your Amazon orders.
How Do You Login to Your Amazon Smile Account?
To login to your Smile account, follow these steps:
Note: You must already have an Amazon account before following the below steps.
1. Launch the browser on your device and visit the Amazon Smile website.
2. Click on Get Started.
3. Enter the registered email address or phone number of your Amazon account and click Continue.
4. Provide your Amazon password and click on Sign-In.
That’s how you can log in to your Smile account.
Also Read: How Do I Log Into Amazon Chime
How Can You Add Amazon Smile to Your Computer?
To add and login to your Smile account on your computer, follow these upcoming steps:
1. Visit the Amazon Smile website on your browser.
2. Click on Get Started.
3. Enter your Amazon registered email or phone number and click on Continue.
4. Enter the password and click on Sign-In.
5. Click on any desired category from the available categories.
6. Click on Select to confirm your charity organization.
7. Once you are on the homepage, click on the star icon from the address bar of your browser and click on Done to add the Smile website to your bookmark bar.
If you followed the above-mentioned steps correctly, you will be able to add Smile to your computer.
How Do You Change Your Amazon Smile Account?
You can change your Smile account with the help of the following steps:
1. Visit the Amazon Smile website and Sign-In to your account.
2. Click on Get Started.
3. Hover over Account & Lists and click on Switch Accounts.
4. Click on Add Account.
5. Sign In to your new Amazon account using the login credentials.
Note: If you don’t have another Amazon account, create a new account.
This is how you can change your Smile account.
Also Read: How to Change Phone Number on Amazon
How Much Does Amazon Smile Give to Your Charity?
Smile donates 0.5% of your eligible purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. If you want, you can donate some items to your charity as well. Not all the products are eligible for a 0.5% donation to charity due to Amazon policies. But every time you purchase some items, 0.5% of the total price will be donated to the charity you’ve selected to donate to on your Smile account.
Does Amazon Smile Tell the Charity What You Bought?
No, Smile won’t tell the charity about every purchase of yours. Smile takes care of all your donations, whether it is some product or the 0.5% from your purchase. Every Smile-eligible product you buy does make someone smile every day, every minute, and every second.
Can You Claim Amazon Smile Donations on Taxes?
No, you can’t claim Smile donations on taxes. The donations are only made by the Smile foundation and are not tax deductible by you.
Are There Any Downsides to Amazon Smile?
There are a few downsides to Smile, such as:
- A lack of exposure to smaller charities as only the recognized charities can join Smile, while the smaller charities who need financial support are away from this.
- One of the downsides is less donation rate to charities as it is only 0.5% on every item you buy on Amazon Smile.
- Should Smile have embedded Amazon’s main online service as an option to donate to a charity, it would have increased the reach of this event, and the participating charities would have gotten a lot of financial support.
Also Read: What Does Amazon Approval Needed Mean?
How Can You Cancel Your Amazon Smile Account?
To cancel your smile account, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Amazon Smile website.
2. Sign-In to your Smile account with the proper credentials.
3. Hover over Account & Lists and click on AmazonSmile.
4. Click on Learn about AmazonSmile.
5. Scroll down and click on org.amazon.com.
6. Scroll down and click on contact us, as shown below.
7. Enter your name, email address, subject, and message and click on Submit.
Note: Type None in the organization name field.
You will receive a confirmation email within two business days that your Smile account has been deleted or removed or canceled.
- Top 50 Best Free iPhone Apps
- How Do You Login to Your TikTok Account
- Can You Login to Your PS4 Account on Another PS4?
- What Happens If You Forgot Your Amazon Password?
So, we hope you have understood how to login to your Amazon Smile account and what are the downsides of it. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.