Whether you’re a creator or influencer, you would love to interact with your followers. Unfortunately, you might have come across personal or harassing comments. As a TikToker, you might wonder how to limit comments on TikTok to ensure a positive environment. Here, we will explain what the creator limited comment access means on TikTok and how to do the same.
How to Limit Comments on TikTok
TikTok is a great platform for social interaction, entertainment, and sharing of content. However, it’s important to know how to control the comments section and keep it safe and respectful. By using privacy settings, filters, and more, users can limit negative and inappropriate comments, allowing them to enjoy the platform in a positive environment. Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to limit comments on TikTok in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
If you’re a TikTok user looking to limit comments on your videos, you can follow these steps:
1. Open the TikTok app and go to your profile page.
2. Tap on the video you want to limit comments for.
3. Tap on the three-dotted icon in the bottom right corner of the video.
4. Select Privacy settings.
5. Disable Allow comments option.
What does the Creator Limited Comment Access Mean on TikTok?
TikTok’s Creator Limited Comment Access feature allows users to limit who can comment on their videos. Only users who follow the account will be able to leave comments on the videos if this feature is enabled. Anyone who does not follow the account will be unable to leave comments, lowering the possibility of negative, spam, or unwanted comments.
This feature is especially useful for users who want to make their followers feel safer and more positive. It also enables creators to limit their exposure to potentially harmful or inappropriate comments while continuing to engage with their followers. Creators can maintain control over their TikTok experience.
Also Read: What Do Active Today Means on Instagram?
How to Approve Filtered Comments on TikTok
To approve filtered comments on TikTok and choose who you would want to allow to comment on your videos, follow these simple steps:
Note: Make sure you are logged in to your TikTok account.
2. Tap on the Profile tab from the bottom bar.
3. Tap on the hamburger icon from the top right corner.
4. Tap on Settings and privacy.
5. Tap on Privacy.
6. Then, tap on Comments.
7. Now, tap on Review filtered comments.
8. Tap on Approve for the desired comment to approve it.
Also Read: How to Find Your Comments on TikTok
How to Limit Comments on TikTok
The TikTok app includes features to protect you from potentially harmful, spammy, threatening, or bullying-related comments. If safety is a concern, keep all of the default settings enabled. There are many ways to limit comments on TikTok, let’s discuss some of the ways to do the same.
Method 1: Disable Comments on Specific Post
You may receive offensive comments after posting a video. When this occurs, there is no need to continue seeing comments that irritate you. You can disable comments for a specific post by following the steps below:
1. Open the TikTok app and play the uploaded video on which you want to disable comments.
2. Tap on the three-dotted icon from the right pane.
3. Then, locate and tap on the Privacy settings option, as shown.
4. Turn off the toggle for the Allow comments option.
Method 2: Restrict or Disable Comments on All Videos
You can control who can comment on your videos using this method. You have the option of disabling all comments, allowing anyone to comment, or limiting it to followers only. Here are the steps to do so:
1. Launch the TikTok app phone and tap on the Profile tab from the bottom bar.
Note: Make sure you are logged in to your account.
2. Tap on the hamburger icon > Settings and privacy to learn how to limit comments on TikTok.
3. Then, tap on Privacy.
4. Tap on Comments > Comments from the top.
5A. Select the Followers that you follow back radio button to allow them to comment on your videos.
5B. Or select the No one radio button to completely disable comments on your videos to limit them.
Also Read: How to Delete Your Comments on TikTok
Method 3: Implement Comment Filters
You can also use the comment filters from the TikTok settings to limit comments on your videos.
1. Launch the TikTok app and switch to the Profile tab.
2. Tap on the hamburger icon from the top right corner.
3. Tap on Settings and privacy > Privacy.
4. Tap on Comments to open the menu.
5. Now, turn on the following comment filters to limit the commenting.
- Filter all comments: You will have to manually approve each comment from the Review filtered comments menu to make them available on the video.
- Filter spam and offensive comments: The offensive and spam comments will be automatically filtered out. You will have to Approve them if you want them on your video.
- Filter keywords: After enabling this option, type the desired keywords which you want to block on your videos and tap on the checkmark icon from the keyboard to add them.
- Will Windows 11 Slow Down My PC?
- How to Leave Discord Server on PC
- How to Reply to a Comment on TikTok
- How to Copy Instagram Captions, Comments, and Bio
With these tips, TikTok users can have a better experience, share their content with confidence, and engage with their followers in a healthy and enjoyable way. We hope that this article on how to limit comments on TikTok has helped you. If you have any queries or suggestions, you can leave them in the comment section below.