DirectX Graphics Tools is not installed by default in Windows 11. But, it can be added via operating system Optional features. Today, we bring to you a helpful guide that will teach you how to install or uninstall Graphics Tool in Windows 11, as need be. A few noteworthy features of this tool include:
- It is essential for performing graphics diagnostics and other related functions.
- It can also be used to create Direct3D debug devices.
- Moreover, it can be used to develop DirectX games & applications.
- In addition to 3D-related functions, this technology also allows you to track real-time GPU consumption and when & which apps or games employ Direct3D technology.
How to Install In-built DirectX Graphics Tool in Windows 11
Follow the given steps to install Graphics Tool on Windows 11 PC:
1. Click on the Search icon and type Settings, then click on Open, as shown.
2. Click on Apps in the left pane.
3. Then, click on Optional features, as depicted below.
4. Next, click on View features.
5. Type graphics tools in the search bar provided in the Add an optional feature window.
6. Check the box marked Graphics Tools and click on Next, as illustrated below.
7. Now, click on the Install button.
8. Let the Graphics Tools be Installed. You can see the progress under Recent actions section.
Also Read: How to Install XPS Viewer in Windows 11
How to Use DirectX Graphics Tools on Windows 11
Microsoft hosts a dedicated page on DirectX Programming. Here are the steps to use Windows 11 Graphics Diagnostic Tools:
1. Press Windows + R keys simultaneously to open Run dialog box.
2. Type dxdiag and click on OK to launch DirectX Diagnostic Tool window.
3. You may notice a green progress bar at the bottom left corner, shown highlighted. This means that the diagnostic process is active. Wait for the process to be completed.
4. When the diagnosis is complete, the green progress bar will disappear. Click on Save All Information… button as depicted below.
Also Read: How to Use PowerToys on Windows 11
How to Uninstall DirectX Graphics Tools
To uninstall Windows 11 Graphics Tools, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Launch Settings as shown.
2. Go to Apps > Optional Features, as depicted.
3. Scroll down the list of Installed features or search for Graphics Tools in the search bar provided to locate it.
4. Click the downward-pointing arrow in the Graphics Tools tile and click on Uninstall, as shown.
5. Once the uninstallation process is finished, you will see Uninstalled tag under Recent actions section.
- Ways to Speed Up Windows 11
- How to Open Registry Editor in Windows 11
- How to Change Desktop Icons on Windows 11
We hope you found this article helpful about how to install, use or uninstall DirectX Graphics Tool in Windows 11. Drop your suggestions and queries in the comment section below. We would love to hear from you. Stay tuned for more such info!