Spotify, the go-to platform for music lovers, has undoubtedly revolutionized the way we listen to songs. However, it can be frustrating when you’re in the mood for your favorite tunes, but all you get is a teaser instead of the full experience. So, is there a way to address this issue? Absolutely! In this article, we will provide you with practical solutions to fix Spotify only playing previews.
How to Fix Spotify Only Playing Previews
Spotify is a popular streaming service, but it has the downside of playing song previews automatically, which can be annoying. Don’t worry, though! Keep reading to find out how to prevent this and enjoy uninterrupted listening.
To fix Spotify only playing previews, clear app cache by following these steps:
1. In your device Settings, open Apps.
2. Open App management and locate Spotify in it.
3. In Storage usage, select Clear cache.
Why is my Spotify Playing Previews?
There are a few reasons why Spotify might be playing only song previews. The most probable reasons are:
- Free account limitations.
- Technical Issues
- Server error
- Temporary Glitch
If you’re tired of dealing with song previews and want to enjoy full tracks on Spotify, you can try some potential solutions:
Method 1: Wait for Server Uptime
At times there may be a few temporary glitches from their side. You can simply check whether the server is up to date.
Method 2: Clear App Cache and Data
Clearing the cache and data of the Spotify app can help resolve issues related to playback.
Note: For clearing cache and data, we’re using Oppo A57. So, the steps might differ slightly if you’re using some other mobile.
Let’s start first by clearing the cache. To do this:
1. Go to your device Settings and find the Apps section
2. Tap on App management and locate Spotify, and tap on it.
3. Select Storage usage.
4. Tap on Clear cache.
5. Restart the Spotify app and check if the issue is solved.
If the issue persists, you can try clearing the data.
Note: Clearing data will log you out of the app, so make sure you know your login credentials before proceeding.
To clear the app data, you just have to follow the above steps and choose Clear data instead of Clear cache in Step 4.
Also Read: Does Spotify Count Songs You Skip?
Method 3: Upgrade to Spotify Premium
Upgrading to Spotify Premium is the most direct solution to fix Spotify only playing previews. With a Premium subscription, you’ll have uninterrupted access to full songs and a bunch of extra features. Here’s how to upgrade:
1. Open the Spotify app and go to the Premium section.
2. Tap on VIEW PLANS and choose a subscription plan that suits you.
3. Select the Monthly subscription or One-time payment plan.
4. Tap on Continue with Spotify.
5. Provide the necessary payment information and complete the upgrade process.
6. Log in to your upgraded Spotify account and enjoy full song playback.
Method 4: Update Spotify App
Outdated versions of the Spotify app can lead to various issues, including playing only previews. To update the Spotify app, do these simple steps:
1. Go to your device’s Google Play Store.
2. Check for any available updates for the Spotify app.
3. Update the app to the latest version to ensure you have all the bug fixes and improvements.
Method 5: Reinstall Spotify App
If none of the above steps work, uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app can often solve persistent issues.
1. Uninstall the app from your device and go to the Google Play Store.
2. Search for the Spotify app in the search bar and tap on Install.
3. Open the app, sign in again using your Spotify account, and check if the problem is resolved.
Method 6: Contact Spotify Support
If you’ve tried all the steps above and Spotify is still playing only previews, it’s best to reach out to Spotify’s customer support. They have dedicated support channels to assist with technical issues and can provide personalized guidance to resolve the problem. Here’s how to contact them:
1. Visit the Spotify Contact Us page.
2. Choose a contact method that suits you, like Twitter, Facebook, or Send us a message.
3. If you want to get a fast reply, choose Send us a message option and tap on Message us.
4. Log in to your Spotify account and tap on Start messaging.
Note: A bot will ask you some questions. Explain to them that you’ve tried all the methods. After giving bot the basic information about your mobile device, it will connect you to the real agent.
5. Provide them with detailed information about the issue you’re facing.
Now, wait for a response from Spotify’s support team, who will guide you through troubleshooting steps and offer solutions tailored to your situation.
Note: Alternatively, you can also visit the Spotify Community Ongoing Issues page if you believe other users are also facing the same issues.
We hope this article helped you learn how to fix Spotify only playing previews. Let us know which method worked for you. If you have any suggestions or queries for us, please let us know in the comment section.