AirPods, in a short period, have become so popular because they are reliable, convenient to use, have excellent sound quality, and offer amazing features, like noise cancellation, transparency mode, and more. Unfortunately, many users have come across the problem of AirPods connected but no sound or voice coming from phone instead. In this article, we will discuss how you can fix this issue; so, stay tuned!
How to Fix AirPods Connected but Sound Coming from Phone
AirPods 2nd generation, AirPods 3rd generation, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max are various models which Apple has launched and upgraded with distinct features. Within a blink of an eye, they pair up with devices like iPhone, Mac, and more. Thereafter, you can stream your favorite music or attend phone calls from friends or work.
Before discussing how to fix AirPods Pro connected but no sound issue, let’s first talk about the causes of this problem.
- This problem can be caused by a bug, thus, try updating your device.
- There might be dirt or earwax in your AirPods which might be causing sound issues.
- You might face this problem if automatic ear detection is turned on.
- Sometimes sensors of your AirPods fail to detect in-ear placement, causing the same.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Solutions
Restarting your AirPods should be the first step you take to fix the discussed issue.
1. Restart AirPods: Put your both AirPods into the AirPods case and close the lid. The AirPods will get turned off. Then, after some time, open the lid again and take the AirPods out to turn them back on. Reconnect the AirPods to your Bluetooth device.
2. Replug AirPods into Ear: Sometimes the sensors of your AirPods fail to detect in-ear placement, causing your Airpods to not produce audio. And you might face AirPods Pro connected but no sound issue because of this. So, remove the AirPods from your ears and then put them back.
3. Charge AirPods: Ensure that your AirPods are charged before you start using them. To charge, put AirPods into the AirPods case, close the lid and charge it using USB connector. You can see the battery percentage for your AirPods on your iPhone under Bluetooth settings.
4. Clean AirPods and Charging Port: You can also face AirPods connected but sound coming from phone issues if there is dirt, earwax, or grim in your AirPod. So, make sure to clean the AirPods, charging port, and charging case. Using a q-tip, a moist cleaning wipe, or a cotton bud, gently wipe your AirPods.
Note: While cleaning them, ensure you do not use water or alcohol without proper technique because this might damage them.
5. Disconnect from Other Devices: All your gadgets with H1/W1 chips get automatically paired to other Apple devices using your Apple ID. It means your AirPods may connect to your iPad automatically despite your iPhone. So next time, turn off Bluetooth from all the devices you dont wish to pair.
Method 2: Turn Bluetooth Off and On
You can also try to restart Bluetooth to see if the issue gets fixed or not.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Next, tap the Bluetooth option on your device.
3. Then, turn off the toggle for the Bluetooth option and wait for a while to turn it back on.
Also Read: Fix AirPods Only Playing in One Ear
Method 3: Reconnect AirPods to iPhone
You will have to reconnect the AirPods to your iPhone via Bluetooth.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Then, tap on the Bluetooth option.
3. Locate and tap on your AirPods.
4. After that, tap on the i icon from the right of your listed AirPods device.
5. Tap on Forget This Device option and confirm your choice.
6. After forgetting it, reconnect AirPods to your iPhone to see if the said issue is fixed or not.
Also Read: Fix AirPods Connected But No Sound Issue
Method 4: Disable Automatic Ear Detection on iPhone
To disable automatic ear detection, abide by the following steps.
Note: Make sure that AirPods are connected to your iPhone.
1. Launch Settings on your iPhone.
2. Then, tap on Bluetooth and find your AirPods under MY DEVICES.
3. Tap on the i icon next to your AirPods device.
4. Then, turn off the toggle for the Automatic Ear Detection option.
Method 5: Set AirPods as Output Device
Choosing AirPods as an output device can help resolve the issue thus follow the given steps.
1. First, swipe down from the upper right corner of your iPhone screen to open Control Center.
2. Tap-hold the Music playback widget to reveal the audio outputs.
3. Then, tap on the AirPlay icon with a triangle and 3 circular stripes.
4. After that, select your AirPods.
Keep reading further to learn how to fix AirPods connected but sound coming from phone issue.
Also Read: How to Make AirPods Louder
Method 6: Adjust Audio Balance Volume
If you want to learn how to adjust audio balance volume, read the given steps and try them out on your device.
1. Start by navigating to the iPhone Settings app.
2. Next, tap on the Accessibility option.
3. Tap on the Audio/Visual option.
4. Then, under the Balance section, make sure to keep the slider in the middle or ensure that the Left and Right channels are balanced.
Method 7: Update iPhone
By updating your iPhone to the latest version, you can get rid of all the bugs that might be causing this issue. Try the given steps to update your iPhone.
1. Navigate to Settings on your iPhone.
2. Then, tap on the General option.
3. Tap on the Software Update option.
4. Tap on the Download and Install option.
Note: If a message appears asking you to temporarily remove apps because iOS needs more space for the update, tap on Continue or Cancel.
5A. If you want the update to occur immediately, tap on the Install option.
5B. Or, if you tap on Install Tonight and plug your iOS device into power before you sleep, your device will be updated automatically overnight.
Note: You are also given the option to install the software later by choosing to Remind Me Later.
Also Read: How to Fix AirPods Won’t Reset Issue
Method 8: Reset AirPods
Try to reset AirPods on your iPhone to resolve the issue you are facing. To reset AirPods on your iPhone, follow the given steps.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone and tap on Bluetooth > your AirPods device.
2. After that, tap on the i icon > Forget This Device for the AirPods.
3. Then, place your AirPods in the charging case and keep the lid open.
4. Press and hold the setup button located on the backside of your case till the time status light continuously blinks amber and then white.
5. Next, your AirPods should go into pairing mode immediately. Hold AirPods close to your iPhone and tap on Connect option on your iPhone.
Recommended: Fix AirPods Not Charging Issue
We hope you were able to cater something useful from our article as we have discussed the causes as well as the fixes of AirPods connected but sound coming from phone and AirPods Pro connected but no sound issue. If you would like to read more on such topics, you can visit our page as we keep coming up with amazing information and updating our page. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.