If you have recently bought a new phone, or have got a new SIM card, then you probably need help to find your phone number. You surely don’t want to be caught panicking when your friend or employer asks you for your phone number.
Finding your own phone number on Android is not as elusive as it sounds. In fact, it is pretty simple. In this article, we have explored several methods which you can use to find out your phone number.
How to Find Your Own Phone Number on Android
Method 1: Use Settings to find your phone number
The interface of each Android phone differs from the rest to some degree according to the manufacturer’s brand, model, and Android Operating System (OS) version of the device. All Android users, despite the said differences in the make & model of your phone, can use these general steps to find out what your phone number is.
1. Open the Settings app from the App Menu on your Android phone. Or, open Settings by tapping the tool/gear icon from the top right of the Notification Panel.
2. Go to System or System Management, in this case.
Note: If you do not see an option titled System, then skip this step.
3. Next, go to the About Phone or About Device tab.
4. Tap on Status or SIM status.
5. Finally, tap on My Phone Number to view your phone number. Save it & note it down for future reference.
If, after following the above method, you view ‘number is unknown’ in the SIM status, follow the steps listed below to fix this issue.
Option 1: Restart your Phone
Press and hold the power button till power options appear. Here, tap on Restart.
Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds, and your device will restart on its own.
Now, you can follow Method 1 again to check your phone number.
Option 2: Reset Network Settings
It might be possible that the SIM card is not being read due to network issues, and hence, you are unable to view your phone number. You can try this option to find your own phone number after resetting network settings, as follows:
1. Go to Settings as explained earlier.
2. Next, tap Connections > More connections.
3. Tap on Reset network settings.
Your phone will shut down and restart. Use the steps mentioned in Method 1 to find your phone number.
If your phone number is still not visible, then
- Either you can first remove and then reinsert your SIM card.
- Or, you will need to contact your service provider and get a new SIM card & get it provisioned.
Method 2: Find your phone number using the Contacts app
If your Android phone is running on stock Android, such as Google Pixel, Nexus or Moto G, X, Z then, you can find out your own phone number using the Contacts app:
1. Tap on the Contacts icon on your Home screen.
2. Go to the top of the list.
3. Here, you will see an option named My Info or Me. Tap on that Contact Card to see your phone number and other personal information about yourself.
Steps to save your phone number
If your Android phone does not have Me or My Info in the contacts app, then you will have to add it manually. In case you have found your phone number via the above-mentioned methods, it is recommended that you save it in your contacts for future use. Steps for the same are given below:
1. Either ask someone to forward your number or retrieve your number using methods explained earlier.
2. Go to Contacts and tap on Add Contact.
3. Type in your phone number and save it under your name.
4. Tap on Save.
You can now easily find your number or send it as an attachment whenever you need to, without any hassles.
- Fix Unable to open Contacts on Android Phone
- Fix No SIM Card Detected Error On Android
- How to Fix Can’t Send Text Message to One Person
- How to Fix Android Phone Keeps Restarting Randomly
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to find your own phone number on your Android phone. Let us know which method worked for you best. If you have any queries/comments regarding this article, then feel free to drop them in the comments section.