Facebook Marketplace has become a trusted platform for local sellers and buyers to make sales and purchases with ease. With some negotiation skills, you can buy various products at highly discounted prices. However, searching for a seller on the platform might be challenging, in case you are unaware about the process. If you are interested in contacting a specific seller, this article will teach you how to find a particular seller on Facebook Marketplace.
Table of Contents
How to Find a Particular Seller on Facebook Marketplace
Unfortunately, there is no direct way to find a particular seller on Facebook Marketplace by their name. However, you can find them out by applying the correct filters on your search, based on location and the category of items. This way, you can narrow down your search and get to the particular seller. Keep reading to find out how you can do so.
The Facebook Marketplace shows you listings based on your location. This means that most of the listings will be from sellers around your current area. Follow the steps given below to find a particular seller on Facebook Marketplace.
Method 1: On the Facebook Mobile App
Note: The following steps were done on the Facebook Lite app for Android. The steps are similar for the Facebook app for both Android and iOS.
2. Tap on the Marketplace icon present at the top right corner of the app.
Note: Alternatively, you can simply swipe right to open the menu. Then, tap the Marketplace option to go to the Marketplace. If you are facing problem in finding the Facebook marketplace, read this article to fix the potential errors.
3. Tap on the Categories button.
4. Select the category of items that your seller deals in.
Note: If you do not find your desired category of items, continue to follow the steps given below.
5. Tap on the Search icon at the top right corner.
6. In the search bar, type the category of products that the particular seller sells.
7. Tap on the location filter and type in the location where the seller is based.
8. Tap on the distance filter to select the maximum distance of search from the area.
9. From the Filters option, you can apply other filters to further narrow down your search.
Note: Once the filters are added, swipe down to view the listings until you find out the listing of your desired seller.
Also Read: How Do I Search for a Seller on OfferUp
Method 2: On the Desktop Version
If you want to find a seller on Facebook Marketplace on your PC, here are the steps you must follow:
1. Go to Facebook on a web browser and log in to your account.
2. Click See all from the left panel if you do not see the Marketplace option.
3. Scroll down and click on Marketplace.
4. On the search bar, type in the category of items that your seller deals in. Alternatively, select the category from the Categories section.
5. Click on your location under Filters.
6. Type in your desired location and radius to narrow down your search.
Note: Once all the filters are put in, scroll down and begin your search for the listing of the particular seller you are interested in.
We hope that through this comprehensive guide, you have learned how to find a particular seller on Facebook Marketplace. Overall, you need to use some accurate filters on your search to get to find your seller. Keep visiting our page for more cool tips and tricks. Also, don’t forget to leave your comments below and let us know if you were able to find your seller successfully.