Want to get rid of unwanted comments and focus on creating engaging content on TikTok? Then, take control of your experience on this platform by learning how to set up word filters, ensuring a positive and safe environment for you and your audience. So, keep reading till the end to learn how to filter out words on TikTok comments.
How to Filter Out Words on TikTok Comments
TikTok is one of the few apps that gained most of its popularity during the COVID-19 lockdown. It became the go-to point for entertainment and fun. Many users turned out to be celebrities and gained a lot of fandom. The comment section is the only means of communication between the users and the influencers as react and share reviews or experiences in the comment box under every posted video or reel.
Filtering out words on comments in TikTok is an easy task. It actually hides unnecessary and offensive comments making it a peaceful and safe environment for everyone. To know how to filter out words on TikTok comments, just follow the step-by-step guidelines given below:
2. Once you are logged in to your account, tap on the Profile tab.
3. Tap on the hamburger icon from the top right corner.
4. Then, tap on Settings and privacy.
5. Next, tap on Privacy.
6. Tap on the Comments option from the Interactions section.
7. Turn on the toggle for the Filter keywords option.
8. In the keyword field, type the desired keywords and tap on the checkmark icon from the keyboard to add them.
Also Read: How to Find Your Comments on TikTok
How Do I Delete Filtered Comments on TikTok?
A filtered comment can either be deleted or approved and this can be managed by you. Follow the steps mentioned below to delete a filtered comment on TikTok:
1. Launch the TikTok app phone and tap on the Profile tab from the bottom bar.
2. Tap on the hamburger icon > Settings and privacy.
3. Then, tap on Privacy.
4. Tap on the Comments > Review filtered comments option.
5. Then, tap on Delete under the desired comment you want to delete.
Also Read: How to Sort Instagram Comments
How Do I Delete All Comments on TikTok?
You can only delete your own comments on TikTok, that too, one-by-one as follows:
1. Launch the TikTok app on your phone.
2. Navigate to the desired comment you made that now you want to delete.
3. Tap and hold the comment for a second until the popup appears.
4. From the popup menu, tap on Delete.
How to Filter Comments that Contain Specific Keywords
These days, some TikTok users leave spam and offensive comments under every video they watch. This is not only immoral but also creates mental stress for the creators. Enabling the option to filter comments that contain specific keywords is a good option if you want to get out of these issues. To do so, follow the steps discussed above and you are safe from such spew.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is There a Way to Sort Comments on TikTok?
Ans. Yes, there is. It can be done easily and within the app settings itself.
Q2. Does TikTok Automatically Filter Comments?
Ans. No, TikTok does not automatically filter comments. Filtering has to be done according to your preferences and you can filter comments that contain specific keywords, spam, and offensive content.
Q3. Why are My Comments Filtered on TikTok?
Ans. The reason behind your comments being filtered is that you’ve turned on the option to filter them. It can be enabled from the TikTok settings. You have to turn that setting off in order to read all the comments.
Q4. Why Can’t I Filter All Comments on TikTok?
Ans. You may be using the outdated TikTok app or facing internet issues. So try updating the app and improve network connectivity.
Recommended: How to Reply to a Comment on TikTok
We hope that you learned about how to filter out words on TikTok comments. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what topic you want to learn about in our next article.