Let’s put it simply! In the present interconnected world, a strong and stable internet connection has turned out to be the backbone of lots of functionalities. Facing connectivity woes is just no choice anymore. However, some users have noticed such issues on their HP PCs brought up by incompatible Wi-Fi drivers. So, in today’s article, we will guide you on how to download and install the WiFi driver on HP PCs, both for Windows 10 and 11.
Table of Contents
How to Download HP WiFi Driver for Windows
Data loss and network issues are frequently caused by outdated and corrupt WiFi drivers. You need them to be well-functioning for strong internet connectivity on the device as it links the WiFi adapter with the OS. This helps the PC connect & communicate with wireless networks, including WiFi hotspots. Let’s download them!
Method 1: Download the WiFi Driver from HP Official Website
You can find the WiFi driver on the official website of HP. Follow the undermentioned steps to download from it:
1. Launch the official HP website on any browser.
2. Hover the mouse on the Support tab and click on Software & Drivers.
3. Depending upon the device you’re using, click on Laptop or Desktop.
4. Click on Let HP detect your product.
5. You’ll receive a pop-up saying This website is about to initiate a product section – do you wish to proceed? Click on OK.
6. Once the correct product is identified, click on it.
7. Identify and select OS from its drop-down menu and then Select the version.
8. Click on Submit.
9. Click on Detect my drivers and click on Yes in the popup to confirm.
Note: You can also expand the Driver – Network tab to see all the network-related drivers for your PC.
10. Identify the compatible driver for your PC and click on Download next to it. Such as the Realtek RTL8xxx Wireless LAN Drivers in our case.
11. Now follow the on-screen instructions to Download and Install it successfully.
Also Read: How to Get WiFi Without Internet Provider
Method 2: Download from the Device Manager
Device Manager lets you view and monitor the PC’s hardware components. You can download, i.e., update the WiFi driver using it. Follow the steps:
1. Open Device Manager.
2. Double-click on Network Adapters to expand it.
3. Right-click on the WiFi adapter on the PC and select Update driver.
4. In the popup, select Search automatically for drivers.
5. Now wait for some time until Windows updates the WiFi driver.
6. Once done, Restart the PC.
Method 3: Update Windows
Windows Updates by default bring in the latest drivers along with bug fixes, security patches, new features, and improvements. So you can update the OS instead to automatically download and install HP WiFi drivers for Windows on the PC. Follow our guide on How to Download and Install Windows 11 Updates.
Method 4: Use Third-Party Software
If you find the above methods tiresome, there are third-party software such as the Bit Driver Updater that can help you update all the outdated drivers in addition to the WiFi driver quickly and automatically.
We hope with the help of your guide, you can now download the HP WiFi driver on the Windows PC with ease. If you have any queries or suggestions for us, do let us know in the comments box below. Stay connected to TechCult for more such tips.