If you’re an aspiring music artist with dreams of creating melodious tunes, GarageBand is the perfect platform for you. It offers a variety of instruments, sound effects, voice modulation, and pitch adjustments. However, this app is exclusively available for iOS and macOS devices. So, how can you get it on your Windows PC? If you’re also in search of answers like many others, continue reading to find out how to download GarageBand on Windows 10 and 11 PCs.
Table of Contents
How to Download GarageBand on Windows PC
As you may already know, GarageBand is not available for Windows computers. In fact, getting several macOS or iOS apps on a Windows PC is not possible directly.
So, if you want to use GarageBand on Windows PCs, you have to imitate the macOS environment on your computer. Various emulators can help you download and use this software on Windows 10 or 11 PCs.
The following steps will illustrate this process in detail, so please continue reading!
1. Visit the VirtualBox Downloads page on your browser.
2. Click on the Windows hosts link to download it on your PC.
3. Then, click on Install.
4. Now, download the VirtualBox Extension Pack file and Install it.
5. After installation, click on the New option.
6. Enter the desired name for your VM and select Next.
7. Now, search for the Command Prompt from the Start menu search bar and click on Run as administrator.
8. Copy and paste the following commands in the CMD window and press the Enter key.
Note: Replace the macOS_VM_Name with your VM (Virtual Machine) name.
cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\" VBoxManage.exe modifyvm "macOS_VM_Name" --cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff VBoxManage setextradata "macOS_VM_Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "iMac11,3" VBoxManage setextradata "macOS_VM_Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion" "1.0" VBoxManage setextradata "macOS_VM_Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct" "Iloveapple" VBoxManage setextradata "macOS_VM_Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey" "ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc" VBoxManage setextradata "macOS_VM_Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC" 1
9. Now, access and download the Big Sur ISO VMDK file to get GarageBand on your Windows PC later.
10. After downloading, Extract the file.
11. In your Virtual Machine, access Settings and click on the System tab.
12. Switch to the Processor tab and select 4 CPU cores from the Processors slider.
13. Click on the Display option from the left pane and select the Screen tab.
14. For the Video Memory field, set the slider at 128 MB, allocating that much memory.
15. Select Storage > Empty.
16. Click on the Disk icon present next to the Optical Drive field.
17. Select Choose a disk file and click on the Big SUR ISO file that you just extracted.
18. After this, click on Start to install the macOS environment on your Windows 10 PC.
19. Once macOS has been emulated in your Windows 10, go to the Mac App Store and install GarageBand.
Also Read: How To Download GarageBand On Android
How to Download GarageBand for Windows 11?
If you’ve upgraded to Windows 11, the process of downloading GarageBand remains the same as with the Windows 10 method. Follow the steps outlined above to enjoy the GarageBand app’s features on your Windows 11 PC.
Is GarageBand Available for Windows 7?
No, GarageBand is unfortunately not available for Windows 7. You can, however, emulate macOS on your PC through VirtualBox or BlueStacks.
After learning how to download GarageBand on a Windows PC, you can compose, record, and produce your melodies right from your Windows computer. If you have any questions or suggestions, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below. Stay tuned for our upcoming tech tutorials. Until next time!