Okay, just a curious question – what if you could combine and customize apps as per your preferences? Just like if you could bring together the two tech behemoths, Google Chrome with Microsoft Bing. It would be pretty interesting, we believe. That said, let’s put aside the same old search and browse routine as in this article, we will set you on a journey on how to download and add Bing to Chrome on your PC. Gear up and head first to the ride!
How Do I Add Bing to Chrome
There’s no denying that the internet lets you discover the world beyond the confines of your room. As someone who spends most time searching for information online, we find a good web browser and a reliable search engine highly important.
Even though Chrome is a powerful browser with its sleek appearance and Google’s search integration, some users prefer Bing due to its new, unique, and advanced features. Consequently, many users look forward to using Bing on Chrome. Follow the steps below to do so:
1. Open the Google Chrome browser on the PC.
2. Click on the three vertical dots and select Settings from the context menu.
3. Move to the Search engine tab on the left and click on the drop-down arrow next to the Search engine used in the address bar.
4. Select Bing from the drop-down menu.
And that’s it, Google Chrome will now load Bing as the default search engine.
How to Download Bing App for PC
Now, you don’t have to download Bing separately like a standalone program. However, if you still want to download the app, you can do it from the official website. Technically, it does not work as any application but adds a Microsoft Bing extension to your existing browser. Follow the steps below:
1. Launch the official Microsoft website for Bing on the browser you want to add Bing to.
2. Click on Download.
3. Click on the installation file in the Downloads section.
4. In the Welcome to Microsoft Bing Installer pop-up, click on Continue.
5. Once, the Bing extension is installed, click on Done.
That’s it! Now Bing will be automatically set as the default search engine in the existing browser.
Recommended: How to Use Bing Image Creator
We hope our guide helped you download Bing for Chrome. If you have any queries or suggestions for us, do let us know in the comments section. Stay connected to TechCult for more such tips and tricks.