Table of Contents
How to Downgrade Node Version on Windows
Read this article till the end to learn the steps demonstrating how to downgrade Node version Windows in a detailed manner using the pictures for better understanding.
Can I Change Version of Node?
Yes, you can change the version of Node on your Windows device. You need to download and install the Node Version Manager (NVM) on your Windows device, using which you can download and install all the versions of node.js and easily switch between them when needed. NVM allows you to install node version Windows and then uninstall it if the version is not required and many other node version-related tasks. Now, you must know whether I can change the Node version.
Can I Install 2 Node Versions Windows?
Yes, you can install 2 Node version Windows. It is possible and valid to install two or more Node versions on a single Windows device with the help of NVM. Just install NVM on your Windows device, and you can install two or more node versions and be competent to use any of the installed versions at a time and also be able to downgrade or upgrade the Node version.
Also Read: 11 Best IDEs For Node.js Developers
Can I Run 2 Node Versions?
No, you cannot run 2 Node versions on your PC at the same time. You can only use any installed node.js versions on your Windows device. You can install two or more Node versions of Windows using NVM; you can change your Node version accordingly from the command prompt. You can check the below heading for the steps to install Node version Windows and re-enable Node version Windows on your Windows.
How Do I Install an Older Version of Node in Windows?
You can get an older version of Node and downgrade it in Windows. Follow these steps on how to downgrade Node Version Windows.
Note: Ensure a node.js version has been installed on your PC.
1. Open the desired browser on your computer and visit the NVM download page.
2. Download and install the NVM setup on your PC.
3. Press the Windows key, type in cmd, and open the Command Prompt on your PC.
4. In the command prompt, type the following command and press the Enter key to check the current version of node.js installed on your PC.
5. Now, type the following command and press Enter to check if nvm has been installed correctly.
6. Type in the following command to install the older version of node.js.
nvm install [older version number]
7. Once the older version has been installed, type the below-mentioned command to view all the versions of the node.js installed on your PC.
8. Type the following command to use the older version of node.js on your PC, as shown.
nvm use [older version number]
9. Again, type the following command to check if the node.js version has been changed.
- How to Post a YouTube Video on LinkedIn|
- What is Packet Loss in Valorant?
- How to Downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10
- How to Install Windows 98 Icons in Windows 10
We hope that you learned about how to downgrade Node version Windows. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.