One of the most recognizable features of a laptop is its touchpad which has further facilitated the portable nature of laptops. Giving the system true freedom from wires, the touchpad can be said to be the push why people started leaning towards laptops. But even this useful feature can become pesky sometimes. Almost all touchpads available in the market today come with a plethora of gestures that can make the user experience easier such as three-finger & tap gestures. Though it can be quite a hassle if you swipe the touchpad by mistake and it brings up a whole different screen or positions the cursor elsewhere. You can get rid of such troubles by disabling touchpad gestures. In this article, we are going to discuss how to enable or disable Touchpad gestures in Windows 11.
Table of Contents
How to Enable or Disable Touchpad Gestures in Windows 11
Multiple gestures are provided for the Laptop Touchpads. You can mix and match these or turn off all touchpad gestures according to your preference in Windows 11 by altering Settings.
Option 1: Enable or Disable Three Finger Gestures
You can either enable or disable three-finger gestures by following these steps:
1. Press Windows + I keys together to launch the Settings app.
2. Click on Bluetooth & devices in the left pane and scroll down in the right pane to select Touchpad option, as depicted below.
3. Double-click on the Three-finger gestures to expand it under Gestures & interaction.
4A. Click on the drop-down list for Swipes and select Nothing from the list to disable three-finger touchpad gestures in Windows 11.
4B. Choose other options from the drop-down menu to enable Touchpad Gestures on Windows 11 to perform the following functions:
- Switch apps and show desktop
- Switch desktops and show desktop
- Change audio and volume
Option 2: Enable or Disable Tap Gestures
Here are the steps to enable or disable Tap Gestures in Windows 11:
1. Go to the Touchpad section in the Settings app as instructed in Option 1.
2. Expand the Taps section under Gestures & interaction.
3A. Uncheck all boxes for Taps to turn off Touchpad Gestures in Windows 11.
3B. To enable Touchpad Gestures on Windows 11, keep the desired options checked:
- Tap with a single finger to single-click
- Tap with two fingers to right-click
- Tap twice and drag to multi-select
- Press the lower right corner of the touchpad to right-click
Option 3: Enable or Disable Pinch Gestures
Similarly, you can also enable or disable pinch gestures in Windows 11 as follows:
1. Navigate to the Touchpad section in the Settings app as earlier.
2. Expand Scroll & zoom section under Gestures & interaction.
3A. Uncheck the boxes marked Drag two fingers to scroll and Pinch to zoom, shown highlighted, to disable Touchpad Gestures on Windows 11.
3B. Alternately, check these options to re-enable Pinch Gestures:
- Drag two fingers to scroll
- Pinch to zoom
Pro Tip: How to Reset All Touchpad Gestures
To reset all Touchpad Gestures, follow the steps listed below
1. Go to Settings > Touchpad as depicted below.
2. Double-click on Touchpad to expand its options
3. Here, click on the Reset button shown highlighted in the pic below.
- How to Use TV as Monitor for Windows 11 PC
- How to Disable Search Indexing in Windows 11
- How to Disable Lock Screen in Windows 11
- Fix Touchpad Scroll Not Working on Windows 10
We hope this article regarding how to enable or disable Touchpad Gestures in Windows 11 was helpful to you. Send us your suggestions and queries using the comment box down below. Also, let us know which topic you want us to write on next.