The Windows 10 drop shadows are dark spaces around the currently open window which can be relatively distracting. So we have compiled different methods on How to disable Drop Shadow of Desktop icons on Windows 10. Another problem with drop shadow is that they make some text unreadable and you will find it extremely hard to differentiate one letter from another. If you are wondering is it safe to disable drop shadow then yes it is, in fact, it will improve your system performance.
While there is an easy way to disable drop shadow from Windows Settings, users have reported that it won’t work, so to help all those out there with this problem, this post is particularly for you.
Disable Drop Shadow of Desktop icon on Windows 10
It’s recommended to create a restore point just in case something goes wrong.
Method 1: Disable Drop Shadows
1. Right-click This PC or My Computer and then select Properties.
2. From the left window pane click on Advanced System Settings.
3. Switch to the Advanced tab and click Settings under Performance.
4. Make sure to tick mark the option “Custom” and uncheck the option “Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop.”
5. In addition to above makes sure to uncheck “Animate controls and elements inside windows.”
6. Click on Ok to save settings. Restart your PC to saves changes.
Method 2: Disable Drop Shadows using Registry Editor
1. Press Windows Key + R then type “regedit” (without quotes) and hit enter to open Registry Editor.
2. Navigate to the following key inside Registry Editor:
3. In the right window pane, find ListviewShadow and double click on it.
4. Change its value from 1 to 0. (O means disabled)
5. Click Ok then close the Registry Editor and reboot your PC to save changes.
That’s it you have successfully learned How to Disable Drop Shadow of Desktop icon on Windows 10 but if you still have any queries regarding this guide feel free to ask them in the comment’s section.