You can keep track of things using Microsoft Excel and manage your business like a pro. This will help you maintain a clean record of everything from finances to bills and taxes in a spreadsheet form. Similarly, named ranges in Excel, let you describe formulas entered in the cells. So, if you often work with them, you must also know how to delete named ranges in Excel. Keep on reading to know can named cell ranges be deleted or not.
Table of Contents
How to Delete Named Ranges in Excel
Spreadsheets can get messy if you do not pay enough attention to minute details. For instance, you can get easily confused if you keep forgetting to delete the named ranges when you no longer need them. Luckily, this article will help you with the steps you need to know to delete named ranges in Excel.
Can Named Cell Ranges be Deleted?
Yes, there is a way to delete named ranges in Excel. Keep reading to find out how to do that in just a few simple steps.
To delete a named range in Excel, here is what you need to do:
1. Open the workbook and select the range.
2. Click on Formulas and choose Name Manager
3. Select the named range to delete, click Delete, then click on OK.
How Do I Delete a Named Range
If you want to get rid of a named range in an Excel sheet and make it clutter-free, then you need to know how do I delete a named range. Here is what you have to do:
1. Launch MS Excel on your Windows laptop or PC.
2. Open the workbook in which you wish to delete named cell ranges.
3. Click and drag to select the range.
4. Next, click on Formulas at the top.
5. Choose Name Manager.
6. Click on the named range that you want to delete.
7. Finally, click on Delete.
8. Click OK once the prompt appears on the screen.
Also read: Explain Workbook Protection Types in Excel
How Do I Quickly Delete All Named Ranges
To quickly delete all named ranges, here are the steps:
1. Follow steps 1-4 as mentioned above.
2. Press Shift key to delete multiple names in a contiguous group while clicking each name.
NOTE: Press Ctrl key while deleting each name to delete multiple names in a non-contiguous group.
3. Next, click on Delete.
4. Select OK once you are done.
Why Can’t I Delete a Name Range?
Many times, users are unable to delete named ranges in MS Excel. The possible culprit, in this case, can be that your data is converted as a table which ultimately greys out the delete option.
- How to Download WWE 2K23 on PC Free
- How to Export Trello Board to Excel
- How to Subtract Multiple Cells in Excel
We hope this article helped you learn how to delete named ranges in Excel. Please share your valuable feedback and reviews in the comments. Also, let us know what you would like to read next as we keep coming up with tech-related stuff.