Instagram Save feature helps users bookmark and organize posts they find interesting and want to revisit later. However, if you have saved a large number of posts over time, managing them can become challenging. Although you can unsave posts individually, navigating through each post individually can be a time-consuming and tedious process, especially with a huge collection. So, is there a way to delete all saved posts on Instagram at once, and if so, then how can you do it? Read on to find out more!
Table of Contents
How to Remove All Saved Posts on Instagram
Sometimes, posts saved long ago no longer hold relevance or are necessary to keep. In such cases, cleaning up the collections help organize your saved posts and start afresh. But the process is tricky when it comes to deleting all of them at once.
On iOS, you can select all the posts in a single tap and unsave them. On Android, Instagram does not provide a direct feature to delete all the saved posts in one tap. However, you can choose them individually from the collection and then unsave them at once.
Follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open Instagram and on the profile page, tap on the three horizontal lines icon at the top-right corner.
2. Tap on Saved from the menu.
3. Open the default All posts collection and tap on the three vertical dots icon at the top-right corner.
4. Tap on Select.
5. Tap on Unsave.
Now all the posts you have selected will be deleted.
Also Read: Can you Change Date on Instagram Posts?
How to Delete a Collection of Saved Posts on Instagram?
Users often create multiple collections of posts for different genres for easy search and navigation. Instagram offers an in-built feature for users to delete an entire user-created collection. That means:
- You can delete any collection of saved posts that you have created.
- The default All posts collection by Instagram cannot be deleted.
- Deleting a collection does not unsave the posts. They remain saved in the default collection.
Follow the steps mentioned below:
1. In the Saved posts tab, tap on the collection which you want to delete. In our case, My Collection.
2. Tap on the three vertical dots icon at the top right corner, followed by Edit collection.
3. Tap Delete Collection and tap on Delete to confirm.
Also Read: How to Make Featured Photos on Facebook
Remove Posts from Curated Collection
If you feel that few posts saved in any particular collection are now outdated and you do not want them to remain there anymore, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Navigate to Saved posts and choose the collection from which you want to delete the posts.
2. Tap on the three vertical dots icon at the top right corner and then on Select.
3. Tap on Remove from saved and then on Remove to confirm.
The posts will be removed from the collection but will remain saved.
Why Would You Want to Delete All Saved Posts on Instagram?
The following could be the reasons for which you or anyone might want to unsave posts they saved on Instagram:
- Discovering the posts you’re searching for will be easier when you delete some of the unwanted ones.
- If you have saved posts that are personal or sensitive, you may want to delete them to protect your privacy.
- Removing saved posts helps you start again and curate a fresh collection and keep the bookmarks organized.
Recommended: How to View Someone’s Deleted Instagram Posts
We hope this guide was helpful for you in deleting all saved posts on Instagram. If you have any queries or suggestions, please feel free to drop them in the comments box below.