Teams allows users to share files, create and edit documents, as well as use third-party applications through the app store. However, you may run into issues when using the Microsoft Teams app. So, it is recommended to clear Microsoft Teams cache in Windows 10 to resolve minor glitches. Also, you will get to know does clearing Teams cache delete chat history or not.
How to Clear Microsoft Teams Cache on Windows 10
Microsoft Teams was launched in 2017 as a response to the increasing demand for remote collaboration tools, and it has since become one of the most widely used platforms in the world. It’s designed to bring teams together in a single platform, making it easy for people to connect, communicate, and collaborate, regardless of location. Here, you will learn to clear cache on Microsoft Teams.
To clear cache, open Run dialog box and enter %appdata%\Microsoft\teams command to open AppData folder. Then, delete the Teams folder.
If you are facing glitches or performance issues in the Microsoft Teams app, you can follow the step-by-step guide on the way to clear Microsoft Teams cache in Windows 10 below. Before clearing the cache, you can perform the end task.
1. Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R keys simultaneously.
2. Type in %appdata%\Microsoft\teams and hit Enter key.
3. Right-click the Teams folder and click on the Delete option.
4. Finally, reboot the PC.
Where is Microsoft Teams Cache in Windows 10?
The Microsoft Teams cache is stored on the local device where the Teams application is installed. The exact location of the cache depends on the operating system you are using. If you are wondering where is Microsoft Teams cache in Windows 10 is, you can find it in the following folder path: %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams.
Alternatively, some users may also be using Microsoft Teams through the web app. In this case, the cache is stored in the browser’s local storage, and you can clear it by simply clearing the browser’s cache. It is also important to note that you can find the cache in the same folder path when you want to clear Teams cache in Windows 11.
What are the Disadvantages of Clearing Microsoft Teams Cache?
Before learning the steps to clear Teams cache in Windows 11 or Windows 10, it is important to understand the drawbacks of doing so. This also applies when you clear Teams cache in Windows 11. Clearing the cache of Microsoft Teams can have some disadvantages. You can read some of the below.
- Loss of Custom Settings: Clearing the cache of Teams can erase any custom settings or preferences you have made in the application, such as your default language, notifications, or chat background. You may need to reconfigure these after clearing the cache.
- Slow Performance: Clearing the cache of Teams can have a temporary impact on the performance of the application, as the cache will need to be rebuilt the next time you access Teams. This can result in slower performance and longer load times, especially if you have a slow internet connection.
- Error Messages: Although the answer is no to whether does clearing Teams cache delete chat history, it can sometimes result in error messages or other unexpected behavior. This is common especially if there is a problem with the cache that is causing issues with the application. In these cases, clearing the cache may not resolve the underlying problem, and you may need to try other troubleshooting steps.
- Increased Data Usage: Clearing the cache of Teams can increase your data usage, as the cache files will need to be downloaded again the next time you access the application. This can be especially problematic if you have a limited data plan or a slow internet connection.
It is important to note that clearing the cache of Teams is not a recommended troubleshooting step for every issue, and there may be other ways to resolve problems with the application, such as restarting the application or updating it to the latest version. Before clearing the cache of Teams, it is a good idea to consult Microsoft Teams support for guidance.
What are Some Common Reasons to Delete Microsoft Teams Cache?
After finding out where is Microsoft Teams cache in Windows 10 is, there are several common reasons why someone might want to delete the cache of the Microsoft Teams application. Thus, knowing how to clear Microsoft Teams cache can be very helpful. You can find some of these reasons below.
- Slow Performance: Clearing the cache can improve the performance of the Teams application, especially if the cache has become corrupt or is taking up too much space on the device. This is a good reason to clear Microsoft Teams cache in Windows 10.
- Resolve Errors: Clearing the cache can help resolve certain issues, such as error messages or freezes, that might be caused by corrupt or outdated cache files.
- Troubleshoot Issues: Clearing the cache can be a useful step in the troubleshooting process if you are experiencing issues with the Teams application.
- Free Up Space: Clearing the cache can free up valuable disk space on your device, especially if the cache has become large or has accumulated many unnecessary files.
- Reset Preferences: Clearing the cache can reset any custom settings or preferences you have made in the Teams application, which can be useful if you are experiencing issues with the application or if you want to start with a clean slate.
It is important to note that you may need to reconfigure your custom settings and preferences after clearing the cache.
Does Clearing Teams Cache Delete Chat History?
No, clearing the cache of Microsoft Teams does not delete your chat history. The chat history in Teams is stored on the Microsoft servers and is synchronized across all of your devices. If you are concerned about whether or not does clearing Teams cache delete chat history, there is no reason for concern. The cache only deletes files such as user preferences, temporary files, and data used for faster loading of the Teams application.
It is important to note that clearing the cache can help resolve certain issues with the Teams application, such as slow performance or freezes, but it will not affect your personal files or chats. Your chat history will still be available after clearing the cache, and you can access it by logging into the Teams application on any device.
We hope that this guide was helpful and that you were able to learn about the steps on the way to clear Microsoft Teams cache in Windows 10. If you have any queries or suggestions, then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.