Microsoft Edge allows you to tweak settings to set up the browser to connect to the internet through a proxy server, By utilizing a proxy as a middleman and a protective barrier, you can enhance your system’s security against potential cyber threats. In this guide, we will explain how to check and add a proxy extension in Edge or PC settings.
Table of Contents
How to Check Microsoft Edge Proxy Settings
The Edge browser comes built-in with Windows computers and is optimized for a smooth browsing experience. It is based on the Chromium project. To save your bandwidth and maintain anonymity via a proxy server, follow the steps mentioned below to check the proxy:
Note: Edge doesn’t have built-in proxy settings. It will open your system’s proxy settings.
1. Open the Edge browser.
2. Click on the three dots in the top right corner and select Settings.
3. In the System and performance tab, click on Open your computer’s proxy settings.
4. Click on Set up in the Use a proxy server option.
5. Now, turn on the Proxy Server and enter the proxy server details. Then click on Save.
If your system connects directly to the internet, it is vulnerable to cyber attackers. To protect yourself from these attackers, it is advisable to use a proxy server. You can either use the above method to open proxy settings or follow these steps to set up a proxy server in Edge:
1. Press Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
2. Click on Proxy under the Network and Internet tab.
3. Click on Set up in the Use a proxy server option.
4. Now, turn on the Proxy Server and enter the proxy server details. Then click on Save.
How to Add Edge Proxy Extension
As we have seen, Edge doesn’t have built-in proxy settings. If you don’t want to change proxy settings system-wide, you can try this tweak. Follow the procedure below to add a proxy extension to the Edge browser:
1. Open the Edge browser.
2. Search for a Webstore; you can use any Webstore, but in this case, we will use Google Webstore.
3. Search for proxy in the search box.
4. Select any proxy extension of your choice; in this case, we are using Windscribe.
5. Click on Get.
Note: If the browser asks for permission to add the extension, click on Allow in the pop-up to add the extension.
6. Finally, click on Add extension.
7. log in to your Proxy Extension and set it up according to your requirement.
We hope this guide has provided you with the guidance to set the Edge proxy settings and Edge proxy extension. Let us know which approach you use to set the proxy in the comment section below. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comment section.