Proxies are invaluable tools that protect your online privacy and shield you from potential hackers seeking to gather your sensitive information. Google Chrome offers a convenient feature that allows you to leverage proxies effectively. In this article, we will guide you through the process of checking, setting, and disabling proxy settings in Chrome on Windows 10.
How To Check Proxy Settings in Chrome on Windows 10
Proxy servers act as an intermediary between your PC and the internet to improve online privacy. To ensure that your proxy settings are correctly configured for enhancing security and accessing restricted content, follow these steps:
1. Open the Google Chrome browser on your Windows 10 system.
2. Click on the three vertical dots located in the top-right corner of the browser window and select Settings from the dropdown menu.
3. Under the System tab, click on Open your computer’s proxy settings to access your computer’s native proxy settings.
Here, you can examine all the proxy configurations on your system.
How to Set Proxy Settings in Chrome on Windows 10
Configuring proxy settings in Chrome allows you to control your online browsing experience, bypass internet restrictions, and enhance privacy. To set up proxy settings in Chrome on Windows 10, follow these steps:
1. Follow the steps (1-3) mentioned above to access the Chrome proxy settings.
2. Now, toggle on Automatically detect settings in the Network & internet Settings of your PC to enable automatic proxy detection by Chrome.
3. To manually configure proxy settings, toggle on Use a proxy server.
4. Edit or add your proxy server details, including the proxy address and port number.
Note: Numerous free or paid proxies can be found on the internet, but be cautious when selecting a reliable and secure one.
5. After you enter your proxy server details, click Save.
How to Disable Proxy Settings in Chrome on Windows 10
Disabling proxy settings in Chrome can be necessary for certain network configurations or troubleshooting scenarios. To disable proxy settings in Chrome on Windows 10, follow these steps:
1. Access your proxy settings by following the steps (1-3) mentioned above.
2. Once you are in your Windows 10 proxy settings, turn off Use a proxy server to disable it.
How Do I Know If My Proxy Is Working on Chrome
Verifying whether your proxy is functioning correctly helps ensure your online activities remain anonymous and secure. To check if your proxy is working on Chrome, follow these steps:
1. Launch the Chrome browser and in the address bar, type What is my IP Address and hit enter.
2. Click on the first search result to see your IP address.
3. Compare the displayed IP address with your proxy IP.
If your displayed internet IP matches your proxy IP, then your proxy is working fine. However, if they don’t match, it indicates that your proxy is not functioning correctly.
We hope this article has helped you learn how to check, set, and disable your proxy settings in Chrome on Windows 10. Properly configuring your proxy settings is essential for safeguarding your online privacy and accessing content without restrictions. If you are still facing any issues or have any other queries or suggestions, please feel free to let us know in the comments section below.