Discord is an interesting medium that gives game enthusiasts a chance to meet and connect with people from around the world. The best thing about the platform is its servers where you can discuss games of your choice. Other than that, there is a fascinating feature that involves recognizing people on Discord based on their role colors. In this doc, we will discuss how to change the username color on Discord with multiple roles. So, without further ado, let us get started.
How to Change Username Color on Discord
Here, you will get to know about how to change the username color on Discord.
To change username color on Discord, follow these steps:
1. Open Discord and navigate to the server where you want to change your username color.
2. Click on the server settings icon, and select Server Settings from the menu.
3. Select the Roles tab.
4. Click the plus icon to add a new role.
5. Name the role whatever you’d like and select a color for it. This will be the color of your username.
6. Finally, click on Save Changes.
Who Can Change the Username Color on Discord?
You can choose from a list of colors to highlight your username on Discord. However, not everybody can change their username color. In case you want to add some color, you must be the admin of a server. Only admins have been given permission to change username color and access other features of the server. Also, the username color depends on the role of the person. Once the role is assigned to a user in the server, they will inherit the color set aside, especially for that role. Therefore, if you want a specific color for your username, you must have a word with the server admin about it.
How to Change Username Color on Discord as Admin?
As you know by now, server admins have this special ability where they can assign roles and therefore, username colors that come with them. So, if you are an admin of a server and want to assign username colors to roles, follow the steps given below:
1. First, launch the official Discord website on your PC.
2. Now, log into your account. Right-click on your server name and select Server Settings.
3. Next, click on the Roles tab on the left pane.
4. Here, click on the Create Role button.
5. Now, enter a name in the ROLE NAME field.
6. Then, under ROLE COLOR, select a suitable color for the role assigned.
7. Now, click on the Save Changes button.
8. Now that you have created a role, assign it to a member of the server.
Also Read: How to Leave Discord Server on PC
How to Change Username Color on Discord Using Leveling Up?
Another method that can help you with changing username colors is leveling up. This involves using a bot to upgrade your username color once you have reached some points in your Discord account automatically. There are many bots that you can use for this method.
Note: Leveling up method is only suitable for Discord users with some points.
1. Add a bot of your choice to your Discord. You can easily find suitable bots on the internet for your Discord server.
2. Next, open the bot in Discord.
3. Now, enter your username and the name of the color that you would like to have on Discord.
4. Then, wait for the bot to change your username color.
How to Change Name Color on Discord with Multiple Roles?
If you have multiple members on a Discord server, it is possible to change colors for them all. You can easily change their username color with the help of the following steps:
1. Launch the official Discord website on your PC.
2. Now, right-click on the server name of your choice from the left pane.
3. Next, click on Server Settings from the menu.
4. From the left tab, click on Roles.
5. Then, click on the blue Create Role button.
6. Next, assign the ROLE NAME and ROLE COLOR of your choice.
7. Once done, click on the green Save Changes button at the bottom.
8. Now that the role has been assigned with a color, click on the Members tab under the USER MANAGEMENT section.
9. Then, click on the plus sign beside each username.
10. Finally, assign them the role with username color to them.
Repeat the process of assigning colored username roles to multiple members of the server.
Also Read: How to Mute Someone on Discord as Admin
How to Change Name Color on Discord Without Roles?
Changing username colors on Discord as an admin is extremely easy. You can offer multiple people on your server their assigned username color conveniently with the help steps given above. This is only possible if you have first assigned roles to members and that too with admin privileges as Discord is a hierarchy setup and your role should be higher up for the color to show. Unfortunately, there is no way to change the name color without roles. So, if you are looking for wondering about how to change the name color on Discord without roles, sadly the answer is it is not possible.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is it possible to change my username color even if I am not an admin?
Ans. No. Unfortunately, on Discord, you can only change the username color if you are an admin of the server. However, if you want to change your username color without being an admin, you can ask and request the server admin to assign you a role with the color of your choice.
Q2. Why are usernames of different colors in Discord?
Ans. Usernames are assigned different colors in Discord based on the person and their role. These are assigned by the admin of the server who makes sure to separate server members according to their hierarchy. This is also done to avoid role confusion and differentiate people in a server.
Q3. Can I make a text look different in Discord?
Ans. Yes, you can make a text look different in Discord. This can be done by using code blocks. To do so, put a backtick at the end of each side of your text. This will help you put your text in a new kind of font and will also give it a darker background to separate it from other messages.
Q4. Can I make a text rainbow in Discord?
Ans. No. Making text rainbow in Discord is impossible but you can surely use a workaround to achieve this type of text. It involves using Markdown language in the background for text formatting. In this, your text will stand out, like in bold or italics. Also, you can highlight with color with the help of highlight.js feature.
Q5. Can I change Discord’s color appearance?
Ans. Yes, you can change the Discord color theme by accessing Appearance in User Settings. In it, you can select color themes of your choice to apply in Discord.
- 12 Best Agent in Valorant for Beginners
- Fix ChatGPT Chat History Missing Issue
- How to View Discord Profile
- How to Hide Images on Discord Mobile
This brings us to the end of our guide on how to change the username color on Discord. We hope that you were able to do the same with the help of the elaborative steps discussed above. Do leave your thoughts and more queries with us in the comments section below.