The rise of highly praised digital conversational assistants can be traced back to Siri. Currently, the market has a plentitude of options. Google Assistant’s ability to understand natural language and perform multiple tasks makes it a reliable companion for Android users. But what if we told you that you can change Google Assistant name to Alex or Siri. Surprised? Let’s see if it is indeed possible and if so, then How!
How to Change Google Assistant Name to Alexa
Bored of OK Google or Hey Google? Unfortunately, it is what it is and it is not officially possible to change the wake word or name of Google Assistant. These wake words are standardized and the assistant is designed to respond to these specific words or phrases. If you still want to change the Google Assistant name to Alexa or Siri, note that some third-party applications or modifications allow for alternative wake words, but they are not officially supported by Google. To know more about them, keep reading!
Note 1: It’s always recommended to use the designated wake words provided by the manufacturer to ensure optimal functionality and compatibility with Google Assistant.
Note 2: We do not endorse any such apps/software that offer such services; therefore, use these at your discretion.
Follow the steps to change the Google Assistant wake-up word using Open Mic+.
1. Launch Google Assistant settings.
2. Tap on Hey Google & Voice Match.
3. Toggle off Hey Google.
4. In the Open Mic + app, tap on the orange settings button.
5. Select Hot Phrase from the options.
6. Tap and choose a new name you want to give Google Assistant and then tap OK to confirm.
7. You can now activate Google Assistant using its new wake word by pressing the Start button in the Open Mic+ app.
How to Edit Your Nickname Using Google Assistant
Even though the hotkey for Google Assistant cannot be changed or customized by individual users, fortunately, you can change your nickname, i.e., what the assistant calls you. Follow these steps to learn how:
1. Launch the Google Assistant and ask it to Open Assistant settings.
2. Scroll down to Basic info and tap on it.
3. Tap on Nickname.
4. Tap the pencil icon under What should the Assistant call you?
5. Change the name and tap on Use default followed by PLAY to check if the pronunciation is appropriate.
5A. If you want to make changes to the pronunciation, tap on Spell it out or Record your own to input and set the exact match of how the assistant should call you.
5B. If you want to suggest a new name for Google Assistant, tap on the three vertical dots icon at the top right corner, followed by Help and feedback.
We hope that the guide was helpful for you in changing your Google Assistant name to Alexa or Siri. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to comment; we’ll be happy to assist you. Your feedback and suggestions are valuable to us.