Facebook has rolled out a new feature known as Avatars. Avatars are nothing but your visual representation of the digital world. They are 3D avatars that you can create and customize. You will get options to make it look exactly like your animated version. Or you can be creative and make it look like something you have always wanted. But why do you need a Facebook avatar? Does Facebook automatically make the avatar for you? If not then how can you make one for yourself? If you are someone looking for tips about the same, we bring you a helpful guide that will teach you how to create an avatar on Facebook and how to change avatar on Facebook.
Table of Contents
How to Change Avatar on Facebook
Facebook avatars are your 3D visual representation on Facebook. But Facebook already has profile pictures, emojis, and other stickers. So this question may have crossed your mind: why do you need a Facebook avatar in the first place? The avatar feature which Facebook has introduced will change the way you communicate. The avatars can be used in messengers, comments, stories, and even as profile pictures. Though you still may be using emojis and stickers yet a Facebook avatar is more personalized. Thus they enhance the quality of your communication. It helps you convey your message more clearly and in a visually appealing way. As your avatar will almost look like you it will provide a personal experience even though you are in the virtual world. Read further to know how to change avatar on Facebook.
How Do I Access My Avatar on Facebook
Avatars on Facebook have been out for a while. If you are someone who wants to check out whether you want one or not you can easily access it from the Facebook app only. When the feature came out Facebook was prompting its users to try the feature by showing pop-ups many times. If you have not created your Facebook avatar initially then you need to make it by yourself. Let us see how you can access your Facebook avatar.
1. Open Facebook App on your device.
2. Go to Menu.
3. A new window will open with several menu options. Go down and tap on See More.
4. The remaining hidden options will appear. Tap on the Avatars.
Like this, you can access your avatar. If you have already created your avatar then you can customize it to change avatar. Else you can create a new one to use.
Also Read: How to Make Instagram Avatar
Does Facebook Automatically Create Your Avatar?
No, Facebook does not automatically create your avatar. Though Facebook provides you with various options for customization with its help you can create an avatar and make it look like you. Facebook avatar maker gives you options like skin tone, eyes, hair, outfit, etc. to help you create or change avatar. So you can tweak with various customization options and create the one Facebook avatar that you desire.
How To Change Your Avatar on Facebook? How To Change Avatar on Facebook
Once you have created your Facebook avatar, changing it is not a big task. You can change your avatar by following a few steps and you can do it on your Android phone or iPhone. You need to have the Facebook app on your phone and then you can start changing your Facebook avatar. Let us see how to change avatar on Facebook app.
1. Go to the Facebook app
2. Tap on the Hamburger icon located on the top right of the screen to go to the Menu
3. On the menu window go down and tap on See More to see all hidden options
4. From the options list tap on the Avatars option
5. Your avatar will appear. To its left, there is a Pencil icon tap on it.
6. Now you can change your avatar with the help of various customizations
7. When done making changes just tap on Done.
Also Read: How to Lock Facebook Profile
How Often Can You Change Your Avatar
After learning how to change avatar on Facebook, let’s see how often you can change your Avatar. A Facebook avatar can be easily created and changed. To change your avatar you have to go to the Facebook app. Facebook has provided various options that you can change in your avatar to make it as you wanted. And the best part is you can change it as many times as you want. As of now, there is no restriction on how many times you can change avatar.
How Did My Facebook Avatar Get Changed
Facebook avatar is a new way to interact on the platform. If you have created one and are not happy with it then you can change it. To change avatar, you need to have an updated Facebook application on your phone. You can change your Facebook avatar by following these steps.
1. Open the Facebook mobile application
2. Go to Menu by tapping on the Hamburger icon
3. Tap on See More to appear all menu options
4. Tap on the Avatars option
5. Your existing avatar will appear. Tap on the Pencil icon to edit the avatar.
6. Tweak with each customization to change your Facebook avatar
Why Is My Avatar Not Updating on Facebook?
When you create or change your Facebook avatar. It is important to save the avatar before leaving the avatar maker. If you are done with all the changes tap on Done so that your avatar gets saved. Even after that if your avatar is not getting updated then there are a few reasons why it is happening.
- Your Facebook application is not updated: Make sure that your Facebook application is updated to the latest version. If not then update before trying again.
- Your internet connection is weak or not working: If not very high speed it is required to have a decent speed of your internet connection. So make sure you are on an active internet plan or your wifi router is working properly.
- The page not responding: Sometimes pages take time to load so restart the application and try again.
If you have tried everything and still you are not able to update your Facebook avatar then you can report an issue to Facebook and check if your account is specifically having this problem.
Why Can’t I Change My Facebook Avatar?
Facebook avatars can be changed multiple times. There is no defined limit to it. You can simply go to the Facebook app and from there you can change your Facebook avatar. But if you are not able to change your Facebook avatar then there could be a few reasons behind it.
- You are using an outdated version of the Facebook application
- Your internet connection is not working properly
- Your applications cache is not cleared
If you have tried everything and still cannot change your avatar then report this issue to Facebook to understand if your account is restricted in some way
Why Can’t I Find My Facebook Avatar?
Every Facebook user is creating Facebook avatars and uses them to interact on the platform. You also wanted to do the same but were unable to find the avatar maker. Then there are a few reasons why this is happening to you. The reasons why you can’t find the avatar are similar to the ones listed in the previous heading. Let us see how you can resolve it:
- Restart application
- Clear cache
- Update Facebook app
- Reinstall app
If nothing is working in your case then avatars may have not been launched in your region. In this case, you cannot do anything until waiting for Facebook to launch it in your region.
- 25 Best Tycoon Game Online
- How to Save Reels in Gallery With Music Without Posting
- How to Find Someone on Facebook Using a Picture
- How to Change Phone Number on Facebook
Facebook avatar has now become an integral part of using the platform. When you have created your avatar once it is not permanent and you change it more than one time. To change avatar you can follow all the discussed methods. We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to understand how to change avatar on Facebook. Let us know which method worked for you best. If you have any queries or, suggestions then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.