Groupon, started in 2008 by Andrew Mason, is an American e-commerce global platform where you can get services and save money through digital coupons. The company made headlines early in 2011 as Groupon’s U.S. monthly income increased from $11 million to $89 million. A Groupon account enables customers to engage with local merchants through services, local events, trips, or other activities. Today we are taking a look at some common queries regarding how to cancel Groupon account and how to cancel Groupon after purchase. If you are someone looking for tips about the same, we are bringing you this guide which will clear these queries and teach you how to permanently delete my Groupon account and if can you delete my Groupon review.
Table of Contents
- How to Cancel Groupon Account
- Can I Delete My Groupon Review?
- Does Groupon Charge a Monthly Fee?
- Can You Cancel Groupon After Purchase?
- Can Groupon Refuse a Refund?
- Why Can’t I Cancel My Groupon?
- What Happens When a Groupon Business Closed?
- How Do I Cancel My Groupon Subscription?
- How Do I Cancel My Groupon?
- How to Cancel Groupon Account?
- How to Cancel Groupon Trade In?
- How Do I Permanently Delete My Groupon Account?
How to Cancel Groupon Account
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to cancel Groupon account and whether can you delete my Groupon review in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Can I Delete My Groupon Review?
Yes, as a user you can find your reviews in the My Stuff section on the top right. From the drop-down menu select My Groupons. Here, you can find your purchased coupons and your reviews for each one of them.
Does Groupon Charge a Monthly Fee?
Yes, Groupon users can access a monthly subscription to Groupon Select at just $4.99 every month. This program comes with additional perks, like extra discounts on Neighbourhood and Getaways.
Also Read: How Do You Cancel Your Disney Plus Account
Can You Cancel Groupon After Purchase?
Yes, you can cancel your Groupon if it falls under either Local Deals, Groupon Getaways or Groupon live. While local deals can be refunded within 3 days of purchase, Live cannot be refunded after the purchase has been completed. Keep reading to learn how to cancel Groupon account.
Can Groupon Refuse a Refund?
In certain cases, yes. Groupon reserves the right to refuse your refund, and this depends on the category of your order. For local deals, if the time for availing return has expired (usually 3 days), you cannot get a refund. Also, in the case of Groupon live, since it is an event-based purchase, the only situation when you can get a refund is when/if the event gets canceled; otherwise, no.
Why Can’t I Cancel My Groupon?
It can be because of one of these few cases:
- You have missed the deadline to cancel your Groupon
- Your order has already been processed for shipment.
- Your purchase was a final sale deal.
What Happens When a Groupon Business Closed?
When you visit Groupon, you can see discounts from any area you search for as well as bargains nearby. On a computer, a phone, or a tablet, you can use Groupon. Instructions will be sent to all customers who have not yet redeemed their voucher when a seller’s business is closing down. Normally, everyone receives their money back right away, but the offer rarely lasts a little longer until the shop closes for good. Reasonable refunds can be automatically given to everyone who hasn’t redeemed whenever a business closes.
How Do I Cancel My Groupon Subscription?
In case you wish to cancel your Groupon subscription or membership from your PC, you can do so by following the next steps:
1. Visit the Groupon website on your browser.
Note: Make sure to log in to your account.
2. Click on My Stuff > Groupon Select.
3. Scroll down and click on Cancel Membership.
4. On the subsequent page, click on Cancel Membership again to confirm the action.
Keep reading to learn how to cancel Groupon account.
Also Read: How to Get SHEIN Free Trial Coupon
How Do I Cancel My Groupon?
To cancel Groupon after purchase, you can follow the following steps:
1. Open the Groupon app on your Android or iOS device.
2. Tap on the My Stuff tab from the bottom bar.
3. Then, swipe down and tap on Customer Support.
4. Select the desired Groupon you want to cancel.
5A. If you are eligible for self-service, tap on the Cancel Order option.
5B. If you are not eligible for self-service, tap on the Chat widget or Email Us option from the bottom.
Note: If you are using the mobile app, choose the order itself that you wish to cancel. Some people often mistake the View Details option for View Vouchers.
You might be asked to confirm your choice a few times. Through the self-service option, you can cancel Groupon after purchase. In the case of Groupon Goods, a request for Groupon refund won’t be possible as you will have to return the item itself unless the purchase is still being processed for shipment.
How to Cancel Groupon Account?
You can cancel your account if you decide not to use Groupon. Unfortunately, there isn’t a quick way to do so. You will have to contact Groupon Customer Support either through the Groupon Customer Support page or via Groupon Chat support. Place the account deletion request to the representatives and provide the details they ask you for.
Also Read: How Do I Cancel My Instacart Shopper Account
How to Cancel Groupon Trade In?
You can exchange some Groupons for Groupon Bucks if you decide to shop around after purchasing Groupons. With them, you can trade in products for new deals and services. Your orders list contains the Trade In Voucher option. So, in order to initiate a trade-in, you must choose a new deal after selecting Trade in Voucher; otherwise, your original Groupon will be blocked until the trade-in window is closed. Below are the steps to cancel a Groupon Trade In:
1. Launch the Groupon app on an iOS device and tap on the My Stuff tab.
2. Swipe down and tap on Customer Support > desired Groupon Trade In.
3A. If you are eligible for self-service, tap on the Cancel Order option.
3B. If you are not eligible for self-service, tap on the Chat widget or Email Us option from the bottom.
Read below to learn how to permanently delete or cancel Groupon account.
Also Read: How to Change My Sam’s Club Membership
How Do I Permanently Delete My Groupon Account?
Groupon is of great help to customers looking for a specific deal, but even more so for small businesses, which have seen great engagement from people and ample profit. In each of the markets it served when it initially started, the company offered one Groupon every day. Consumers may search and browse deals through the web or mobile, and they can sign up to get emails promoting discounts they are interested in based on what they like, unlike commercial advertising, where sellers have to pay a one-time fee to join.
Even with the benefits that we have stated, you can say I want to permanently delete my Groupon account. Follow the next steps sequentially:
1. Navigate to the Groupon website on your browser.
Note: Make sure to log in to your account.
2. On your home screen select Help and search Delete Account.
3. Click on the Live Chat tab. A messaging support chat will pop up.
4. Once you specify your account deletion request, an agent will be assigned to guide you through the next steps.
- 11 Best Showbox Alternatives for Android
- How to Cancel Groupon Order
- How to Close Chime Account
- Super Animal Royale Coupon Codes: Redeem Now
We hope that you learned about how to cancel Groupon account and whether can I delete my Groupon review. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.