Are you looking to take control over the content posted by others on your Facebook profile? Well, you can tackle this problem and approve only those that you want. In this article, we will help you with the same and teach you how to approve posts on Facebook so that your profile stays organized.
Table of Contents
How to Approve Posts on Facebook
When you’re an active Facebook user, holding an account comes with its set of responsibilities. One important task is managing your profile by approving only the posts that matter to you. In this guide, you’ll learn how to accept posts before they appear on your timeline.
To approve posts on Facebook, just follow these steps:
1. Open the Facebook app and go to your profile.
2. Tap on the three horizontal dots icon.
3. Tap on Review posts and tags from the profile settings.
4. Finally, select Add to Profile from the top of the post to approve it.
Method 1: Using Facebook App
For this method, you can use the Facebook app installed on your smartphone.
1. Open the Facebook app on your Android device.
2. Tap on the profile icon to go to your Facebook profile.
3. Tap on the three horizontal dots icon.
4. Tap on Review posts and tags from the profile settings.
5. Tap on Add to Profile from the top of the post to approve it.
Also Read: How to Unhide Tagged Photos on Instagram
Method 2: Using Facebook Web
If you happen to use Facebook Web on your PC, these are the steps you can follow to approve posts:
1. Open the browser on your PC and visit Facebook Login.
2. Log in to your account and click on the notification icon in the top-right of the screen.
3. Click on See all to view all notifications.
4. Click on the post notification that you want to approve.
5. Click on Add to Profile from the top of the post to approve it and make it visible on your profile.
How to See Pending Tag Requests on Facebook App on Android
To approve posts, you must know how to see pending tag requests on the Facebook app on Android, just follow these steps:
Note: Make sure you are signed into the app.
1. Open the Facebook app and tap on the profile icon to access your Facebook profile.
2. Select three horizontal dots and tap on the Review posts and tags option from the profile settings.
3. Tap on Settings beside the Review Posts You’re Tagged In option.
4. Tap on the toggle switch beside Review Posts You’re Tagged In to turn it on.
5. Go back and tap on Settings and tap on the toggle switch beside Review Tags on Your Posts to turn it on.
6. Once you are tagged in on a post, visit the Review posts and tags option to see all the pending tag requests.
Also Read: How to Recover Deleted Facebook Posts
Do Posts Have to Be Approved on Facebook?
No, posts on Facebook do not need approval. By default, you can post content on Facebook without any approval. When you have to post something on a Facebook page and group or have to tag someone in your post, you need approval. To know how to approve posts on Facebook you can follow the steps mentioned below:
Note: Make sure the Review posts option has been enabled in your account.
Why Can’t You Approve Posts on Your Facebook Page?
If you are unable to approve posts on your Facebook page, it might be due to one of the following reasons:
- Maybe your page is not published or has some restrictions on its visibility.
- The post-approval settings on your Facebook page have been disabled.
- Due to some internet connectivity or server error, you are not able to approve posts.
- You don’t have the necessary permissions to approve posts.
- The post-approval option is not available on the Facebook app because it’s not updated to the latest version.
We hope our guide on how to approve posts on Facebook has helped you streamline your profile. If you have any queries or suggestions about the article, feel free to drop them in the comment section below.