Switching to eSIM opens up a world of ease. Joining this tech trend, Apple has also introduced eSIM across its devices. Because switching between carriers is so easy, it’s perfect for regular travelers or anyone looking for more flexibility. If you have recently purchased an iPhone 15 series phone and are looking to use this latest feature, then stay tuned as we talk about how to activate eSIM on this model.
How to Activate or Set Up eSIM on iPhone 15
It only takes a few easy steps to activate eSIM on iPhone 15/Plus/Pro or Pro Max to ensure you can control your mobile connectivity with ease. Keep reading as we walk you through the process with these methods below:
Method 1: While Setting Up New iPhone
In case you have bought a new iPhone 15 and you are looking to activate eSIM, you can follow the steps below:
1. Switch on your iPhone and follow the setup process of your iPhone.
Note: Make sure your Wi-Fi is connected and your eSIM is already activated from your carrier.
2. Choose Transfer From Nearby iPhone or Use QR Code. We have chosen Transfer From Nearby iPhone.
Note: You will get this screen to activate eSIM after setting up Location Services.
3. Tap on Continue on the other iPhone.
4. Enter the verification code on your old iPhone.
5. Follow the on-screen prompts, if any.
6. When cellular networks are set up, you will be notified with the available eSIM information. Tap on Continue to complete the process.
This way you can directly set up your eSIM during phone activation.
Method 2: Adding eSIM Manually
If you have skipped the cellular network option while setting up your iPhone 15 and you now want to know how to activate eSIM, then follow the steps below:
1. Open Settings and go to Mobile Service.
2. Next, tap on Add eSIM.
3. As per your preference, select Transfer From Nearby iPhone or Use QR code. Here we have selected Use QR Code.
4. Scan the code given by your carrier provider or choose a picture from your gallery by selecting Open Photos.
Note: You can also select Enter Details Manually. Provide SM-DP+ Address, Activation Code, and Confirmation Code and tap on Next.
5. Tap on Continue to activate.
6. Tap on eSIM and enter the 4-digit PIN provided by the service provider. Tap on OK.
7. Finally, tap on Done and choose your preferred SIM for each action, such as Default Line, iMessage & FaceTime, and Mobile Data.
Now your eSIM will be successfully activated. If you still have any doubts, learn more from our guide on How to Check if eSIM is Activated on iPhone to do the same.
What are the Requirements to Activate eSIM on iPhone 15/Plus/Pro or Pro Max?
When it comes to activating an eSIM on the iPhone 15 series, the requirements are pretty simple:
- Your iPhone 15 should have a stable Internet connection for the successful activation of eSIM.
- Your network provider should provide you with a QR code or necessary information to get the eSIM activated.
- If you are transferring the eSIM from your older iPhone, you need to have your old iPhone with you while activation is in process.
- The software on your iPhone 15 needs to be up-to-date.
You can also contact Apple Support if you meet all your requirements but cannot activate your eSIM on your iPhone.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Does the iPhone 15 Pro have eSIM?
Ans. Yes, it does. Since the iPhone 15 is the newest launch in the iPhone series, it comes equipped with the feature for activating and using an eSIM along with a physical SIM card. However, this might vary from location to location. In some countries or regions, the iPhone 15 only supports eSIM.
Q2. Can I have two eSIMs in my iPhone 15?
Ans. Yes, you can have two eSIMs. Apple provides the provision to have eight eSIMs on a particular device. However, you can only use two of them at a time.
Q3. Can I use a physical SIM on the iPhone 15 series?
Ans. It completely depends on your location. If you are in the US, you will not have the option to use a physical SIM on iPhone 15. If you are in other countries like India, you might get an opportunity to use a physical SIM and an eSIM in iPhone 15.
We are sure this guide on how to activate eSIM on iPhone 15 will clear all your doubts and make the activation process go smoothly. Do let us know in the comments below if you want us to answer other similar queries about iPhones.