Table of Contents
How Long Does Instagram Verification Take?
Once you submit your verification proposal, a notification will appear in your Activity after 30 days. To access the Activity tab, you can use the bell icon. You will also receive official notification via email regarding the acceptance or rejection of your proposal.
- Scenario I: If your application is approved, you can move forward with accepting a verification badge.
- Scenario II: If your verification request is rejected due to not meeting the criteria, you can try again after 30 days.
What are the Criteria for Instagram Verification?
There are two ways to apply for Instagram verification, you can either subscribe to Meta Verified or apply for a verified badge if you are a celebrity, public figure, or representing a brand.
To successfully subscribe to Meta Verified, make sure you fulfill the below-mentioned requirements:
- You must be 18 years old.
- You have a profile with your full name and a profile picture that shows your face.
- You must meet activity requirements which include posting history.
- You must have a government-issued ID card that matches the name and profile picture on that card.
Note: You cannot change your username or other details while on a meta subscription after being verified.
Instagram verification requirements for non-Meta subscribers:
- Your Instagram profile must represent a real person.
- The profile must represent a unique presence of a person or business.
- Your account must be active and public.
- Your account must represent a highly searched person, brand, or entity.
Also Read: How to Make a Fake Instagram Account
How to Get Verified on Instagram
To get verified on Instagram, follow these steps:
Note: Ensure you’re logged into the correct account that is eligible for verification.
1. Tap your Instagram profile photo to access your profile.
2. Click the hamburger icon at the top right and enter Settings and privacy.
3. Under For professionals, tap on Account type and tools.
4. Now, tap on Request verification.
5. Provide your full name and supporting documents (like official business papers or government-issued ID) as proof of authenticity.
6. Follow subsequent instructions and click Submit to finalize the verification request.
We hope our guide on how long does Instagram verification take helped answer all your queries. Read more such articles on our website to gain basic information on your social media presence. Don’t forget to drop your suggestions in the comment box below.